Zot

I have noticed that some of the MODS can be uncool in P1 Group
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #122
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, I used to engage frequently with that group. But actually got banned for posting a polite and constructive comment on one of their Alien teases. Basically just pointing out a few minor things that could improve it while appreciating that it was a very early WIP tease. It took me a little off guard and I received no notifications or anything as to why, I had to pm a mod to even figure out what was going on. I was able to request to join the group again after a month or so but I haven't posted since. There was one really decent mod, Decora White I believe? He left however and the rest of them are real Nazi's at times. Shame really as P1 make some lovely stuff.... Not this though going on the latest teases.
Totally agree. Mods acts like fanboys and constructive feedback is not welcome. I made few posts about getting their timeline to reality cause we have so many delays. And argument was: P1 is good with delays cause PCS have longer delays.
There was one mod Decorea White who was somewhat normal like somebody above said.
And when i wrote o constructive feedback on one of XM pieces - Ang Sen from XM said he try to apply my advice.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:45 PM   #123
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Totally agree. Mods acts like fanboys and constructive feedback is not welcome. I made few posts about getting their timeline to reality cause we have so many delays. And argument was: P1 is good with delays cause PCS have longer delays.
There was one mod Decorea White who was somewhat normal like somebody above said.
And when i wrote o constructive feedback on one of XM pieces - Ang Sen from XM said he try to apply my advice.
That is why I don't comment in the Prime 1 group anymore. Most of the time, you can get banned by clicking on the "Laugh" emoji. FYI, I can't even comment on a official post from Prime 1 in FB. As for XM, usually they say that to be nice (Highly doubt they even take our suggestions). I stayed in most groups just to get info on new products and updates. I don't have the energy or time to fight with fanboys or keyboard warriors.

This statue better come out like the Prototype or else it will be going back. I am tired of accepting sub-par statues and the price isn't helping at all. Guess I'll just vote with my wallet from now on.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #124
craigcliff1
Zot

That is why I stay in any group, to get some info. 12 years of collecting and I buy so little now and gives this hobby a little excitement. I don't comment much either, just responded when someone want to know something
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #125
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Why does Prime 1, being a Japanese company and all the pride that goes with it, outsource their marketing to a foreign shopkeeper? I don't get it. They need to rein these people in if it isn't already hurting their bottom line. Unlike in other businesses, pissing off a handful of customers, the losses add up quick.

There's more downsides than upsides to PO'ing from anyone these days. It's natural for collectors to discuss issues and set expectations accordingly, as these things continue to climb in cost. Prime 1 should not an automatic PO by virtue of some mythical higher quality over other companies. They will have their bad releases too.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:51 PM   #126
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Why does Prime 1, being a Japanese company and all the pride that goes with it, outsource their marketing to a foreign shopkeeper? I don't get it. They need to rein these people in if it isn't already hurting their bottom line. Unlike in other businesses, pissing off a handful of customers, the losses add up quick.

There's more downsides than upsides to PO'ing from anyone these days. It's natural for collectors to discuss issues and set expectations accordingly, as these things continue to climb in cost. Prime 1 should not an automatic PO by virtue of some mythical higher quality over other companies. They will have their bad releases too.
P1 is Japanese company but i heard the owners could have some connection to Singapore. And second - look at english skills they use on their official account. Seems a little like Google translator. Well, their products are really good but public relations and customer service are far off. When they manage to have their own english site to sell products worldwide about 2-3 years after start selling.
Sideshow could learn QC from them and they could take a lessons from Sideshow about marketing.
Edit: I forgot they learn. They started making short movies with statues, even some teasers and unboxing videos. As long as sideshow distributes them in US they are safe there. But i think their plans must be greater than that.
Here's the quote from like You call him foreing shopkeeper: "agree but they are still a relatively new company and language is a barrier for them".
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #127
ambasah
Red Skull

I was banned too...for questioning their decision to make store exclusives, lol.

They make wonderful statues, but act like babies in that group.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:08 AM   #128
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

All these Facebook groups are just marketing tools to promote the producer, there's no real community because the producer has tight control over everything that's said and it's the same whether its Prime 1, PCS or F4F.

It's the best free marketing they can get and the illusion of interaction ( definitely less so with F4F, there is real interaction and the community can make the difference ) is a powerful tool.

What's even worse is the "Fan" groups where it's basically used to promote their channel and to make them cash and or deals to get statues for themselves personally, again it's not really a community, it's just a tool.

The only 1 i can recommend interacting with is F4F, the rest of them just be there for the sneaks and hang low and make your comments on here.

When it comes to ordering Prime 1 i try and order everything through Sideshow because i know if anything goes wrong 99% of the time they will help, whether that's a replacement or full refund.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #129
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Should stay with sculpt fur for sure.
It's almost fully sculpted from their official images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9686ffc8a786c91729a44fb5c43d70cf3ac75766.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	119938   Click image for larger version

Name:	d5c4fa3f8794a4c22ce091a703f41bd5af6e39c2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	119939   Click image for larger version

Name:	c8a358094b36acafdcb2e47071d98d1000e99cbc.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	119940  
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #130
Shoo
Hercules

Video of an updated production piece on Prime 1's Facebook.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote