Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #25241
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Men in Black International 4/10

They forgot to add the funny.
A running theme sadly since the end credits rolled on the first movie (which is still wonderful to this day)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #25242
Vracula
Jedi Order

Mortal Engines- 3/10

I try to avoid trash movies but some slip pass my filter. I mean Peter Jackson has his name attached to it, can't be that bad right? WRONG ! Trash charachters and Trash actors ! It felt like a soap opera.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #25243
built2shred
Phoenix

I was curious after seeing you guys mention Mortal Engines so I gave it a shot... overall I'd give 6/10

I thought the special affects were pretty good, parts of the story were ok, other parts were meh like the whole terminator droid side story thing... they could of easily left that out as it really didn't have anything to do with the main story and it was a bit cheesy
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #25244
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

But the robot story for me was the better part than the rest of the movie.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #25245
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

MIB: International 4/10
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #25246
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Men in Black International 4/10

They forgot to add the funny.
Not sure who'd want to watch this movie or why?
I saw the trailer and immediately was
reminded of Armitage chapter 3 verse 14

"And the Lord upon viewing the MIB International trailer recognized the agenda and was deeply dismayed. He then spoketh thusly "Now have ye become woketh thou shalt go broketh." The people's countenance had fallen and many were deluded . With righteous anger he cast the entire film into the Walmart bin of discount where it would be bound with abominations such as Ghostbusters 2016 and Oceans 8; forgotten forever more."
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #25247
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Not sure who'd want to watch this movie or why?
I saw the trailer and immediately was
reminded of Armitage chapter 3 verse 14

"And the Lord upon viewing the MIB International trailer recognized the agenda and was deeply dismayed. He then spoketh thusly "Now have ye become woketh thou shalt go broketh." The people's countenance had fallen and many were deluded . With righteous anger he cast the entire film into the Walmart bin of discount where it would be bound with abominations such as Ghostbusters 2016 and Oceans 8; forgotten forever more."
I liked the previous MIB films. I hoped that I'd like this one. Words like "agenda" and "woke" don't factor into my decision as to whether to see a movie.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #25248
Mclovin50
Fantastic Four

Dark Phoenix - 5/10

There was no need for them to retell this story like Last Stand. Pretty disappointed.
Mclovin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #25249
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I liked the previous MIB films. I hoped that I'd like this one. Words like "agenda" and "woke" don't factor into my decision as to whether to see a movie.
Agenda didn't occur or "factor into" the women who fell for the Bernays "Torches of Freedom" propaganda smoking was fashionable" You've come a long way baby" in the 1930s when Cigarette companies decided they could pander to the OTHER 50% of the market thereby increasing profits two fold and poisoning twice the amount of people.

You liked previous films because they were the worm on the hook...that's how this all works. Everyone falls for this spell at one point or another and in some form. The first bite is sweet and then you take another and it gets more and more bitter until you get to Last Jedi.

It's classic Adam and Eve, Pandora opening the box Snow White eating the apple or Pinocchio following into the cave being self deluded. We were all warned via tales from old and yet we never learn. We still fall for the sorcery or wizardry ..lies we accept intentionally or out of ignorance.
We're bound to repeat history and that's the big joke. People can be painfully stupid, can completely get lost in diversion and self delusion. Like G.I JOe says..."knowing is half the battle"
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #25250
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Agenda didn't occur or "factor into" the women who fell for the Bernays "Torches of Freedom" propaganda smoking was fashionable" You've come a long way baby" in the 1930s when Cigarette companies decided they could pander to the OTHER 50% of the market thereby increasing profits two fold and poisoning twice the amount of people.

You liked previous films because they were the worm on the hook...that's how this all works. Everyone falls for this spell at one point or another and in some form. The first bite is sweet and then you take another and it gets more and more bitter until you get to Last Jedi.

It's classic Adam and Eve, Pandora opening the box Snow White eating the apple or Pinocchio following into the cave being self deluded. We were all warned via tales from old and yet we never learn. We still fall for the sorcery or wizardry ..lies we accept intentionally or out of ignorance.
We're bound to repeat history and that's the big joke. People can be painfully stupid, can completely get lost in diversion and self delusion. Like G.I JOe says..."knowing is half the battle"
That's a lot of words. In the future, I will always consider women smokers in the 1930s before buying a movie ticket.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote