Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-25-2018, 03:56 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Did Winanna The Hunter By Shin Tanabe ever ship?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:25 AM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

I think Yamato kind of messed up their DC lineup... you kind of expect a certain sex appeal from their statues and I think we got that with Harley and Ivy even Catwoman except that the outfit (although sexy) didn't really fit the character, made her look more like mousewoman… Then it seemed they got very conservative with their designs, batgirl had no sex appeal (XM's batgirl has a more sexy outfit) and she also had a very stiff awkward pose... Wonder Woman was another statue with an awkward pose.... Whoever was doing their artwork was missing the mark... I also think it was a bad move to release all those Harley variants, I think there was like 3 or 4 of them..

I just don't think Yamato did enough to make themselves stand out in a very crowded DC statue market....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I followed my daughters into a comic shop a couple of days ago. The place had a number of DC statues, none of which were Yamato. I was struck by a number of thoughts when I saw them. The first was how poor the Harley models compared with the Yamato Harley variants. The design, modelling, painting and overall finish was poor, far worse than the Yamato models. With the Batwoman models, I felt they were also poorly modelled, painted and finished. However.. in this case, they were no worse and no less attractive than the Yamato one, I am sad to say.
I have only ever bought Yamato models, and really wasn't tempted by the ones in that shop. But, there again, I wouldn't buy the Batwoman from Yamato either.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #24
brianjofa4975
Fantastic Four

I blame it all on their Superman statue!

Yamato does great female portraits, but really missed the mark with their Superman.
brianjofa4975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:55 PM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardandtracy View Post
I followed my daughters into a comic shop a couple of days ago. The place had a number of DC statues, none of which were Yamato. I was struck by a number of thoughts when I saw them. The first was how poor the Harley models compared with the Yamato Harley variants. The design, modelling, painting and overall finish was poor, far worse than the Yamato models. With the Batwoman models, I felt they were also poorly modelled, painted and finished. However.. in this case, they were no worse and no less attractive than the Yamato one, I am sad to say.
I have only ever bought Yamato models, and really wasn't tempted by the ones in that shop. But, there again, I wouldn't buy the Batwoman from Yamato either.

Regards,

Richard.

I assume you mean Batgirl as Yamato didn't do a Batwoman.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #26
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sorry, tripe writing error. Batfemale of the applicable age.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:24 AM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

I grouped some of the Yamato DC girls with Tweeterheads new DC 1:6 line and I have to say the Yamato pieces are kind of bland when you compare them side by side with Tweeterhead's... With Yamato being presumably dead I think I'm going to sell off all my Yamato DC female statues and put the money towards Tweeterhead DC statues...
Old 09-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #28
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I grouped some of the Yamato DC girls with Tweeterheads new DC 1:6 line and I have to say the Yamato pieces are kind of bland when you compare them side by side with Tweeterhead's...
I dunno.... I believe, in all fairness, Yamato accomplished, to a limited extent, their goal of "fantasy"/sexualized figures. Catwoman may be perceived as going too far, but she still was an erotic fantasy of sorts. Batgirl missed the boat a bit due to that ambiguous gray delta on her chest. Simply reworking it a bit and going with a flesh tone might've solved the issue. The EX Wonder Woman was subtle but mildly interesting with the bare midriff and taller boots. after that... well... Tweeterhead takes the "traditional" prize.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #29
MegatronG1
The X-Men

It's true, Tweeterhead caters to that traditional crowd. None of their stuff interests me.

It would have been nice if the Yamato guy would chime in and update us. What becomes then of statues that were in the middle of production, like Zeus, PVC Batman?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:44 AM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

Yamato finally posted a message a week ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato
Please go follow them on Instagram.
Also those who are asking about Katana and Supergirl the plans to move forward has been put on hold until further notice. Fans has been waiting and we will update you very soon.