Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #251
DaveC
Frackin!

Thx, thanks for the superb pictures. I wish I had the skill to photograph subjects behind glass, without the picture just turning out to be a reflection of me and my camera! My favorites from your set are the SS Vampirella and the Gentle Giant Artemisia, both of which look a lot better in your pictures, than any of the promo shots I've seen. You've really captured the beauty of the sculpts.

Thanks again,

Dave.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #252
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Thx, thanks for the superb pictures. I wish I had the skill to photograph subjects behind glass, without the picture just turning out to be a reflection of me and my camera! My favorites from your set are the SS Vampirella and the Gentle Giant Artemisia, both of which look a lot better in your pictures, than any of the promo shots I've seen. You've really captured the beauty of the sculpts.

Thanks again,

Dave.
Thanks, Dave, I struggled like everyone else trying to take pictures through the glass or acrylics cases. I uses my hand as lens hood quite a bit to block out some reflections or moving the camera around to find a spot with the least reflection to take a shot. It's part of the reasons why it takes time to go through all the shots and pick out the ones that has the least reflection in it so that you guys can see better, lol.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #253
SONICobra
Batman

hey bro thanks for all the amazing pictures, your pics have convinced me to order 2-3 pieces that I was on the fence about. so actually maybe I shouldn't be thanking you... in all serious I think we all appreciate your time and the effort you put into this, sideshow should seriously hire you
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #254
Y3E
Gen 13

THX thanks for the great pics. Year after year you come through for us, taking not only great pictures but many images of the same statue, giving us a better idea of how they look.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #255
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

THX

thank you very much for all the great pix!!

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #256
thx217
Ultimates

You're welcome guys/gals. There are a lot more shots to share, won't be able to post them all. I'll pick some out to share.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #257
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Thanks for your time, commitment, and skill in taking and sharing your photos! Very appreciated!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #258
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

Thanks again,

Dave.
You should try using a polarizing filter. It gets rid of reflections in glass.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote