Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #1521
LV-426
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Big day for me today guys, i just got word from my local Retailer that my Modern age Bust is right here waiting for me!!

And when it comes down to Batman i am always very excited. Tomorrow i will post some pictures!!

Till then, the other busts in my collection are anxiously waiting too, to get the blue one!!

Looking forward to your pics ! I should be receiving mine next week !
LV-426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #1522
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ok guys, I opened Bats awhile ago and i am literally blown away. As i had predicted when this piece was announced and the first shots were revealed, the blue/gray colour adds a unique aesthetic appeal that surpasses the Original black.
It is much more impressive,hands down and that comes from a man who has 2 balck busts placed on my collection!!

By the moment i opened the Modern Age bust i couldn't take my eyes off the classic batsymbol on the chest as well as the blue cowl. The colour palette is so much rich and vibrant it draws you in. I think it pays tribute to the Neal Adams era in the best possible way.

On top of that, i can't stress my enthusiasm over the great QC. It's a flawless piece all around, i remember the first batches of the Balck version when it was released a couple of years ago it had so many issues ,like bad paint apllication, moisture problems, paint chips e.t.c I find no fault around this one and the paint is much more vivid and full, it features distinct black hues on the blue mask which really set it off.

I thoroughly inspected my bust all around and it is 100% mint and flawless, i am surprised SSC did such a good effort on the QC. One of the finest pieces in my collection room!!

Here is a ---- next to the custom made acrylic case UV protected, it cost me around 200USD but it worth its money:

I will soon post up pictures inside the case
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #1523
ambasah
Red Skull

glad you got a good one, but there were qc issues with this as well.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #1524
tamato
U talkin' to me?

No offense to those who got him but I feel that they were really heavy handed with the shading on this version, too much black in the gray areas with too little transition/fading between the dark and light. The original has a much more natural look to the shading.

And why would he have black shading all around and in the yellow oval on the chest symbol? Maybe he just climbed out of a dirty chimney?

Still got to love him though, 'cuz he's Bats!

Oh and to be fair, it does look like they did a better job with the skin tones on this one, but I prefer the black and gray version
tamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #1525
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
glad you got a good one, but there were qc issues with this as well.

Man, i inspect mine all around and its flawless, one of the very few pieces which are mint all over in my collection, i think it helped the small ES. One of my two Black busts version had a small smudge but you have to be micro picky... I am refering to major issues which were abundant in the Oriignal version, moisture and water marks the most prominent.
Anyway, i am pretty happy with the outcome on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamato View Post
No offense to those who got him but I feel that they were really heavy handed with the shading on this version, too much black in the gray areas with too little transition/fading between the dark and light. The original has a much more natural look to the shading.

And why would he have black shading all around and in the yellow oval on the chest symbol? Maybe he just climbed out of a dirty chimney?

Oh and to be fair, it does look like they did a better job with the skin tones on this one, but I prefer the black and gray version

Well, being a huge fan of NEeal adams and Norm Breyfogle BATMAN ART the blue color always had a sparkling black tone!! i think it works fine on this bust as well.

On the other hand the skin tone on the mouth looks to me kind of orangish!! i opt for the black/gray version

Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #1526
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamato View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Man, i inspect mine all around and its flawless, one of the very few pieces which are mint all over in my collection, i think it helped the small ES. One of my two Black busts version had a small smudge but you have to be micro picky... I am refering to major issues which were abundant in the Oriignal version, moisture and water marks the most prominent.
Anyway, i am pretty happy with the outcome on this one

Well, being a huge fan of NEeal adams and Norm Breyfogle BATMAN ART the blue color always had a sparkling black tone!! i think it works fine on this bust as well.

On the other hand the skin tone on the mouth looks to me kind of orangish!! i opt for the black/gray version
I think tomato was referring to the blacks in the grey parts of the suit and the dark airbrushing on the symbol.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #1527
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Having seen both in person, the black/grey is better than the blue/grey. The orange tones on the face of the blue/grey version look bad. Not to mention that the oval yellow symbol should be bright yellow and the realistic shading takes away from the whole point of the yellow symbol on the bust. I don't see any shading on the Superman bust's "S" shield for good reason.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #1528
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like the blue version but really happy I still opted for the black...that thing is just a beauty in person
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #1529
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Having seen both in person, the black/grey is better than the blue/grey. The orange tones on the face of the blue/grey version look bad. Not to mention that the oval yellow symbol should be bright yellow and the realistic shading takes away from the whole point of the yellow symbol on the bust. I don't see any shading on the Superman bust's "S" shield for good reason.
That and the thick black ring around the logo are choices I did not understand.(unless the thick black ring was necessary to conceal the original logo as I will guarantee these are repaints from that botched first batch).
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #1530
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That and the thick black ring around the logo are choices I did not understand.(unless the thick black ring was necessary to conceal the original logo as I will guarantee these are repaints from that botched first batch).
The Blue/Grey Batman bust was separately done. Sending back product to be stripped of paint, repainted and then sent back again would be expensive and just does not happen. I'm not sure why this theory is brought up so often but the Internet is ripe for conspiracies I suppose.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote