Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #1061
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.banner View Post
Here's my display
Awesome setup Chris,love the top shelf When you run out of room in the near future,I can help you out with that CM Pred
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #1062
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Question for you besta owners.

I'm going to be buying my first besta/set of bestas sometime next week. I haven't decided if I just want the one to start off or if I plan to get a double.

I was curious as to what legs you guys use to elevate them? I see Ikea offers three different sets of indiviual legs as well as an entire underframe; is it all aesthetic preference or is one option generally better? I'm leaning towards the underframe because it seems more secure to me, but if I get a double, I'm assuming I'd have to go with three indiviual two packs.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #1063
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.banner View Post
Thanks Jrod the predator is 50 plus pounds so I double shelved it and added these square pieces of wood from home depot that I cut to size and I spray painted black. If your still worried you can add another round support in the middle of the shelf. Just remember measure twice cut once

Hey Doc, I got a question for you. I'm about to go pick up a couple of PAXs at the end of the year, would you say the backing is sturdy enough for me to screw in a couple support brackets for the shelves? I'm figuring if the backing is solid enough I can put to supports on other side of each shelf and one in the middle. This should decrease bowing and help stabilize them even more than their 44lb. weight limit.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #1064
the Jade Monkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I am by no means a carpenter, but I made these acrylic doors for my two Bestas last weekend. Cost me about $100 a piece. They're far from perfect, but I think they came out ok.
the Jade Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #1065
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Jade Monkey View Post
I am by no means a carpenter, but I made these acrylic doors for my two Bestas last weekend. Cost me about $100 a piece. They're far from perfect, but I think they came out ok.
It looks AMAZING!!! Congrats!!!

I wished I would be capable of doing something that looks that good!!!!
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:50 AM   #1066
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

So I got my first bestas; completely forgot the double had been discontinued. Decided on medium brown because it complimented the wood grain accents on my filing cabinet and desk.

Really pleased with the result.

Excuse the poor photography.

The display itself is only temporary as there's lots on the horizon and a bit more to put out, but in addition to that I'd like to add another two units and some lighting.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #1067
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

So question for those of you that have IKEA set ups. Noticed today when I turned on my light switch that turns on all of my Komplement LED strips in my pax, that 2 sections would not turn on.

All of the pieces are linked together to turn on at once. I have only had these for maybe 3-4 months. Anyone had issues with their LED strips? Or anyone know of what might be wrong with mine (I already checked that the sensors were "on")
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #1068
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
So question for those of you that have IKEA set ups. Noticed today when I turned on my light switch that turns on all of my Komplement LED strips in my pax, that 2 sections would not turn on.

All of the pieces are linked together to turn on at once. I have only had these for maybe 3-4 months. Anyone had issues with their LED strips? Or anyone know of what might be wrong with mine (I already checked that the sensors were "on")
Basically their cheap... happens to me all the time, I just reach behind the case and shake the wires until all the lights come on. My best guess is cheap connectors in the little boxes, so on some of them you have to bend the wires a certain way to force contact with the wire and the box it's connected to.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #1069
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Basically their cheap... happens to me all the time, I just reach behind the case and shake the wires until all the lights come on. My best guess is cheap connectors in the little boxes, so on some of them you have to bend the wires a certain way to force contact with the wire and the box it's connected to.
i used masking tape to try to keep everything connected. Sometimes it is way to easy for the connectors to move or get loose.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #1070
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
I thought my detolf is soso. Need to get more besta!!!

I love the cases on the ends wear you have the Turtles on the left and Spidey and Venom on the right .... wear did you get those ?
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote