Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #601
fsdre
Mephisto

Thanks I will check that out
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #602
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I don't get why someone who prefers one brands statue over another is automatically labeled as a fanboy. Sure they exist out there, but what's the damn point or problem? This isn't some competition or important moral matter. People can like what they like and are well within their right to do so. We're all going to have different opinions and passions, but that's part of the fun of the hobby. If we all had the same likes and dislikes then all of our collections would be the same and the statues would have no variation. Just appreciate that we live in a time where we have choices for our beloved characters. Some of the petty remarks are really getting old at this point.
Left over monkey sh**
Tribal mentality - us vs them. It's just instinct for some.
Like Samsung vs Apple or Xbox vs PS4 or DC vs Marvel
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #603
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I don't get why someone who prefers one brands statue over another is automatically labeled as a fanboy. Sure they exist out there, but what's the damn point or problem? This isn't some competition or important moral matter. People can like what they like and are well within their right to do so. We're all going to have different opinions and passions, but that's part of the fun of the hobby. If we all had the same likes and dislikes then all of our collections would be the same and the statues would have no variation. Just appreciate that we live in a time where we have choices for our beloved characters. Some of the petty remarks are really getting old at this point.
Lol.... I agree totally with you post, BUT calling loric a "fanboy" is
1) like saying water is wet
2) a massive understatement
3) not something he hasn't called himself

I could be wrong, but I think some of it is history based and people have long memories. There are two ... maybe three... massive XM fans (fanboys) on this site who have the reputation of always defending XM to the death, and at the same time ripping into other companies with the "XM will be/is better" line of fanboy speak. Loric is most definetly one of the two that have that rep just like I have the same basic rep for SSC. Knowing him outside the forums though I know he is far more measured than his reputation here recognizes, but the problem is that we don't all get to know each other that way. In fact loric is one of the nicest guys I have gotten to know in the hobby. That doesn't mean that we aren't both Megafanboys from the opposite sides of the tracks. It just means that we love all the art and can have some pretty awesome discussions about this art form away from the forums where you will tend to simply be labelled a fanboy and often be attacked.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #604
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post

I could be wrong, but I think some of it is history based and people have long memories. There are two ... maybe three... massive XM fans (fanboys) on this site who have the reputation of always defending XM to the death, and at the same time ripping into other companies with the "XM will be/is better" line of fanboy speak. Loric is most definetly one of the two that have that rep just like I have the same basic rep for SSC. Knowing him outside the forums though I know he is far more measured than his reputation here recognizes, but the problem is that we don't all get to know each other that way. In fact loric is on every of the nicest guys I have gotten to know in the hobby. That doesn't mean that we aren't both Megafanboys from the opposite sides of the tracks. It just means that we love all the art and can have some pretty awesome discussions about this art form away from the forums where you will tend to simply being labelled a fanboy and often be attacked.
We all love the ART! I love that. It IS an art and we all have passions for certain types/designs/ brands within that genre.

It's awesome.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #605
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post

I could be wrong, but I think some of it is history based and people have long memories. There are two ... maybe three... massive XM fans (fanboys) on this site who have the reputation of always defending XM to the death, and at the same time ripping into other companies with the "XM will be/is better" line of fanboy speak. Loric is most definetly one of the two that have that rep just like I have the same basic rep for SSC. Knowing him outside the forums though I know he is far more measured than his reputation here recognizes, but the problem is that we don't all get to know each other that way. In fact loric is one of the nicest guys I have gotten to know in the hobby. That doesn't mean that we aren't both Megafanboys from the opposite sides of the tracks. It just means that we love all the art and can have some pretty awesome discussions about this art form away from the forums where you will tend to simply being labelled a fanboy and often be attacked.
Thank you for the kind words...much appreciated. And you are right except for one thing.....it's not "fanboy"

It's "FANMAN" hoo hoo haw haw hee hee!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #606
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thank you for the kind words...much appreciated. And you are right except for one thing.....it's not "fanboy"

It's "FANMAN" hoo hoo haw haw hee hee!
Lol only true fanboy would try and change his title....lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #607
Comicbookguy
Hercules

There's just too many choices now. I tried to stick to one company and it's impossible. Every company is doing something awesome and with some not so good. So now like like ss, xm, pcs, and p1. GG if they ever make 1/4 again. IA, and IS never saw anything in person yet so have no idea what they look like.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #608
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
There's just too many choices now. I tried to stick to one company and it's impossible. Every company is doing something awesome and with some not so good. So now like like ss, xm, pcs, and p1. GG if they ever make 1/4 again. IA, and IS never saw anything in person yet so have no idea what they look like.
-take it from a person who's had and sold every "grail" made ...focus on what you like and be patient trying to get everything you'll end up with nothing
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #609
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from aplus-studio at TCC 2017

Please like the New and Official XM Studios Europe facebook page under XM Studios Exclusive European Distributor. No more news on the old facebook page. The explanation can be found on the new page.

XM Studios Facebook

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:04 PM   #610
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

And look at the predator!
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote