Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #11
Henry Pym
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Dont you mean Spanish/ French war JP? Lol

And glad to be here . I use my GiLaTeK monniker on SM, but thought I'd stick to my YT persona here .

P.s. So basically Kevin is "French", JP's Spanish (Basque) and I am Dutch. All we need now is a Portuguese and English collector, and we've got most of the EU :P
Henry Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Pym View Post

And glad to be here . I use my GiLaTeK monniker on SM, but thought I'd stick to my YT persona here .

P.s. So basically Kevin is "French", JP's Spanish (Basque) and I am Dutch. All we need now is a Portuguese and English collector, and we've got most of the EU :P
Good to see you here, Henry
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Pym View Post

exactly.

No. The Mexican/French war, also known as the "French intervention" of 1862.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
Born and bred!

I guess I've always had a good ear for accents
And I studied English for 5 years at the University. I was aiming at becoming a Professor of either Grammar or Phonetics but then I thought painting statues was a lot more fun^^
HAHAHA. From becoming a professor to painting statues. Hmmmm. I can't blame you for your choice, man. But you do have a good accent. Most French people I know speak English like a Frenchman.

I am learning the French language. Although, I've been at it for a few months now and I still can't get the pronunciation right, my grammar's even worse. Any tips? Maybe you could make a repaint review video in French? Let us hear your French accent!
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Late to the party, but yes...send it to Dark Spidey! I would love to see this repainted by his talent!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've actually always wanted my Psylocke repainted, but mostly because of the unever lines and poor application than because of the paint/paint scheme itself. Now, Cyclops! I've been saving my pennies to get that poor bastard the paint job/visor redux that his sculpt deserves
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
HAHAHA. From becoming a professor to painting statues. Hmmmm. I can't blame you for your choice, man. But you do have a good accent. Most French people I know speak English like a Frenchman.

I am learning the French language. Although, I've been at it for a few months now and I still can't get the pronunciation right, my grammar's even worse. Any tips? Maybe you could make a repaint review video in French? Let us hear your French accent!
Lol will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Late to the party, but yes...send it to Dark Spidey! I would love to see this repainted by his talent!
Looks like I'll be repainting this Psylocke something to look forward to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I've actually always wanted my Psylocke repainted, but mostly because of the unever lines and poor application than because of the paint/paint scheme itself. Now, Cyclops! I've been saving my pennies to get that poor bastard the paint job/visor redux that his sculpt deserves
I used to have Psylocke in my collection but that was way back when I didn't know how to paint yet.
I have a nice color scheme planned for her

But yeah Cyclops is a more urgent repaint imo
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I need to get rid of mine. I was total disappointed by this statue and it wasn't just paint.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 AM   #19
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
Born and bred!

I guess I've always had a good ear for accents
And I studied English for 5 years at the University.
I thought you were an American also, Kevin. I just figured you moved to France to be surrounded by beautiful women! I'm convinced every other woman looks like Eva Green, Marion Cotillard, and Sophie Marceau. Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
You are really good, Kevin! Look at me, I have lived in the US for many years and I still have my Mexican accent (softer than before of course).
Wow, all these discoveries being made in one thread. Now the secret behind "JP" has been revealed! Accents are cool, mi amigo, and yours is easy on the ears. Nowhere close to Klingon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I'm tempted to have Kevin repaint mine. Sadly, I've spent too much on Bowen's Vault and another custom paint. Gotta recoup the finances. And speaking of that custom paint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Now, Cyclops! I've been saving my pennies to get that poor bastard the paint job/visor redux that his sculpt deserves
You got the right idea. Psylocke could be improved, but she's not in pressing need of an upgrade. Cyclops on the other hand... can't let a slob lead your X-Men statues. Gotta fix up the fearless leader. Sosa's Cyclops deserved better, Koto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I need to get rid of mine. I was total disappointed by this statue and it wasn't just paint.
The good news is you won't have a hard time selling her. Lots of people still coveting her. My favorite Psylocke followed very closely by Sideshow's comiquette.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Wow, all these discoveries being made in one thread. Now the secret behind "JP" has been revealed! Accents are cool, mi amigo, and yours is easy on the ears. Nowhere close to Klingon!
you got it, bro!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote