Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-25-2017, 12:05 AM   #41
built2shred
Phoenix

No Booster Gold or Plastic Man

Being a new line and Tweeterhead being a small company they probably want a statue that will bring in revenue fast and Harley is very popular at the moment. I imagine WW, Superman or Batman will be next, once the big 3 are done then will probably see them start mixing in the D listers.. The last thing you want is them to do Plastic Man first and nobody buys it forcing TH to go bankrupt
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 AM   #42
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Being a new line and Tweeterhead being a small company they probably want a statue that will bring in revenue fast and Harley is very popular at the moment.
What he said.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #43
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
What he said.
Not sure I agree with this thinking...There are literally hundreds of Harley Quinn statues to choose from so why would you want to buy this one?

How many great 1/6 Dr Fate or say Shazam statues are there, none that I can think of. So I would think it would be an easier sell.

Harley I could buy a number of great 1/6 and most of them much cheaper, but I could be wrong.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #44
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Not sure I agree with this thinking...There are literally hundreds of Harley Quinn statues to choose from so why would you want to buy this one?

How many great 1/6 Dr Fate or say Shazam statues are there, none that I can think of. So I would think it would be an easier sell.

Harley I could buy a number of great 1/6 and most of them much cheaper, but I could be wrong.
Whether we agree with this thinking or not is not relevant to what they as a company want.

I don't think there are "literally" hundreds of Harley Quinn statues, but there is a ridiculous number of them indeed. Easily 50, I'd say. And why is that? Because she sells, as simple as that, so even if hardcore DC fans would kill for a Shazam or a Dr Fate piece, what a company wants is numbers, and attention to get said numbers, all of which Harley seems to provide. Heck, I'm sure there are quite a lot of Harley-only collectors out there.

What better way to garner attention to a new line, then? Once they get it, other characters will come. They said it themselves that they want to delve into the DC well, and I think this company will deliver in that respect, so give them some slack and don't worry.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #45
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post

There is a lot of Harley merchandise out there but as far as 1/6 scale goes there's not tons of offerings to my knowledge... You have DC Designer Series, Yamato Harley (with 4 variations of the same pose), Mondo Harley, Diamond Select Harley and DC Icons Harley. You also have Hot Toys Harley but that's based on the movie character and not the comic. Can't remember if Bombshell Harley is 1/6 or not.

Even though there are options most of those options are not your classic comic Harley, only a couple of them are... Although Mondo has her classic outfit the statue feels very artistic in style... So you only really have DC Designer Series, DC Icons Harley...

One thing that will be cool about the Tweeterhead line is all the statues should have the same styling so they will look good together meaning we won't have various interpretations of each character like the DC Designer Series has... (IE: a more realistic WW standing next to a very cartoony Star Fire)
Old 05-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #46
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
There is a lot of Harley merchandise out there but as far as 1/6 scale goes there is only a few offerings to my knowledge... You have DC Designer Series, Yamato Harley (with 4 variations of the same pose) and DC Icons Harley. You also have Hot Toys Harley but that's based on the movie character and not the comic.

Anyways there's not a lot of 1/6 scale choices so I think it's a smart move by TweeterHead.... Hopefully though they will get to Mr. Freeze, Lex and others fairly quickly...
There's also the upcoming Mondo one and the IKON Collectibles Arkham City Harley. If you want to include high-end figures, like you mentioned with Hot Toys, there's also the Sideshow 1:6 (one of my favorites, if not for the brittle joints) and the Medicom RAH Harley. I don't think the DC Icons one is true 1:6, despite being advertised as such in some places. It's only around 10".
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #47
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
There's also the upcoming Mondo one and the IKON Collectibles Arkham City Harley. If you want to include high-end figures, like you mentioned with Hot Toys, there's also the Sideshow 1:6 (one of my favorites, if not for the brittle joints) and the Medicom RAH Harley. I don't think the DC Icons one is true 1:6, despite being advertised as such in some places. It's only around 10".
You quoted me before I could re-edit my post
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #48
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I am more than covered on Harley, but am hopeful for future releases.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #49
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I totally agree with Xforce on this one, yet another Harly. Then Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and maybe one other. Same thing round and round again with every company out there. I really like Tweeter head products, and am not bashing the company, but other than Bowen statues none have gone outside the box. with Xm studios possibly an exception, but at over 1k a statue there are few that can afford a complete sinister six let alone an expanded universe monitarily or space wise. Until I see a Red Tornado, blue beetle, Saturn Girl, Solomon grundy, Dr fate or countless others I'll keep my skepticism on a comprehensive D.C. Line!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #50
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I totally agree with Xforce on this one, yet another Harly. Then Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and maybe one other. Same thing round and round again with every company out there. I really like Tweeter head products, and am not bashing the company, but other than Bowen statues none have gone outside the box. with Xm studios possibly an exception, but at over 1k a statue there are few that can afford a complete sinister six let alone an expanded universe monitarily or space wise. Until I see a Red Tornado, blue beetle, Saturn Girl, Solomon grundy, Dr fate or countless others I'll keep my skepticism on a comprehensive D.C. Line!

well said
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote