Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Marvel’s “War of the Realms” is Coming!

For those of us who’ve been reading Jason Aaron’s Thor run since it started, this one’s been years in the making:

https://www.newsarama.com/42767-marv...cret-wars.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Its Thor related so I’m a little intrigued. Maybe I’m cynical now, but I’m not expecting much from Marvel. So much disappointment in the last few years.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

Man, I just hope Mike Del Mundo's not drawing it. He's killed the latest run for me. I just don't care for his style. I can't read it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Man, I just hope Mike Del Mundo's not drawing it. He's killed the latest run for me. I just don't care for his style. I can't read it.
The article lists other artists.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
Mister H
Green Goblin

Does anyone think Thor will lose that ridiculous gold arm and get his real arm back?
Old 11-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Does anyone think Thor will lose that ridiculous gold arm and get his real arm back?
Aaron’s depicting King Thor, the future All-Father, with The Destroyer’s arm. So, likely, yeah, he’ll lose the gold arm but have a s false arm. He must get Mjolnir back, though, as the future All-Father King Thor has it.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I haven't read any Thor like ever but didn't they already do this with Thor ? he was the king of Asgard for a while then Odin came back as far as i know. Same will happen probably... Odin will be back and Thor will go back to being a prince again.

Forever Prince
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I haven't read any Thor like ever but didn't they already do this with Thor ? he was the king of Asgard for a while then Odin came back as far as i know. Same will happen probably... Odin will be back and Thor will go back to being a prince again.

Forever Prince
It’s different. The current King Thor story is a far future tale after Earth and Asgard are long destroyed and Thor and his 3 grand daughters are all that’s left. It runs in parallel with current continuity stories since Aaron started but set in the future.

The time you’re referring to is several arcs following Heroes Return, written by Dan Jurgens many years ago and repackaged in the just released Thor Heroes Return Omnibus vol 2. Odin dies battling Surtur, Thor goes mad when Don Blake, his human half, is stripped from him, he becomes King of Asgard and inherits the Odinpower. In his madness he also rules Earth and also loses his arm when Wolverine slices his arm off in battle.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It’s different. The current King Thor story is a far future tale after Earth and Asgard are long destroyed and Thor and his 3 grand daughters are all that’s left. It runs in parallel with current continuity stories since Aaron started but set in the future.

The time you’re referring to is several arcs following Heroes Return, written by Dan Jurgens many years ago and repackaged in the just released Thor Heroes Return Omnibus vol 2. Odin dies battling Surtur, Thor goes mad when Don Blake, his human half, is stripped from him, he becomes King of Asgard and inherits the Odinpower. In his madness he also rules Earth and also loses his arm when Wolverine slices his arm off in battle.
Interesting, kind of sounds like a Thor The End project, so may be the creative team has more freedom to shape the story (i really hope so) may be we can see some interesting things.

I have Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus, but couldn't get to it yet... if i like it, i will get other Thor Omnibuses.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post

I have Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus, but couldn't get to it yet... if i like it, i will get other Thor Omnibuses.
That is THE omnibus IMO. Followed closely by the first Brubaker Cap omnibus.