Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 12-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Outstanding! I love seeing stuff like this, right on bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Bear View Post
Nice work. Looking forward to more.
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm envious of your talent... truly awesome. I couldn't even imagine the POWER to just decide to make your own custom adjustments.
heh, never really thought of it like that. But yeah it is quite nice to be able to look at something and think I could add what I like (to a point). But seriously I think a lot more people could do this than people think. It takes a long time to learn all the ins and outs but its fun learning and you never know what you might be able to churn out in a few years time. Grab a bit of sculpey and have a go!

The hard parts come with the molding and casting, now that is an art in itself, a very frustrating art!

Pics of Ultron head should follow in the next few days I hope.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #12
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Couple of updates on the battle damaged ultron head for Cap:

I think it looks 'battle damaged' - lemme know what you think though.

Gotta do some more work on the back section i.e. the cables / wires as that will be cast as a separate piece but it's near to being molded. Hopefully it'll look nice when it's all painted up.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #13
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Thanks guys

heh, never really thought of it like that. But yeah it is quite nice to be able to look at something and think I could add what I like (to a point). But seriously I think a lot more people could do this than people think. It takes a long time to learn all the ins and outs but its fun learning and you never know what you might be able to churn out in a few years time. Grab a bit of sculpey and have a go!

The hard parts come with the molding and casting, now that is an art in itself, a very frustrating art!

Pics of Ultron head should follow in the next few days I hope.
The Ultron head is looking super sweet.

And I get what you're saying about more people could do it if they tried, I feel the same way about cooking or something... but I've just never been artistic in the sense of drawing/sculpting etc. I think that is why I am blown away by this hobby. Even the "worst" statue still impresses me!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #14
SONICobra
Batman

looks awesome bro, you going to give alclad a shot when you go to paint? their aircraft aluminum would look awesome on there
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
Bobfrog

Thanks guys. Sculpting certainly is difficult and I get what you're saying. I instantly had a much greater appreciation for any kind of sculpted project after I took it up as a hobby.

And yeah I forgot about alclad. I've seen some nice finishes with that stuff (think I saw it used on the silver surfer and colossus before. I do have some rustoleum chrome spray so I'll try that first and see how it comes out then add some detailing etc but if it looks crap I'll order some alclad in.

Gotta do some finishing on the back first to make sure the wires all fit ok and then have to mold and cast it all...that's the difficult bit.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #16
Bobfrog

Couple of updates - think it's just about there and ready for molding / casting stage.

I added a neck to make it look more like it had been ripped off and well, it just looked wrong without it. Only main thing left to do is add the antennae.

FYI - the wires / cabling that come out the back of the head (that Cap will be holding) is a separate piece and I'm planning to fix it in with Aves or something similar once I've got the first casting one.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #17
vwstobbe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow. Fantastic details.
vwstobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #18
SONICobra
Batman

lovin how its turning out bro, fantastic work
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #19
Bobfrog

Thanks guys! I'm getting some advice on the molding so I reckon it'll be next week by the time I've got a first copy out to paint so I'll post something up then.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #20
Bobfrog

Some pics of the shield (now repainted) and attached (temporarily) to Iron Studios Cap.