Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I gave up on Hall H years ago. Here's the system now...

In the evening, you line up to get a wristband, which guarantees you entry into Hall H the next day. You have a choice of getting into line immediately after receiving the wristband, or returning before 7:30 the next morning. So, yes, many people get in line right away, and spend all night in line for Hall H. You're allowed to bring a single(small) chair and a sleeping bag into the line. They do leave a bathroom open, but no other services are provided.

I haven't ever gone for the wristband the night before, so I don't know how long that takes, but I'm sure it's lengthy.

I've been attending SDCC for over 30 years, and fondly remember the days when you came and went into movie panels with no problem, no line, and saw all the major stars of movies and TV. It was great.
Okay so, I have a question, if you only want to see one of the Hall H panels, like the MCU one, do you have to show back up at 7:30am or can you just show up once your panel is going to start as long as you got your wristband?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #12
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Okay so, I have a question, if you only want to see one of the Hall H panels, like the MCU one, do you have to show back up at 7:30am or can you just show up once your panel is going to start as long as you got your wristband?
If you show up after 7:30am, your wristband is worthless, and you end up in an endless line of people without wristbands who have very little chance of getting into the hall. Basically, people with wristbands are let into the hall sometime prior to the first panel at 10am, and they don't leave for the whole day. There are bathrooms in Hall H, and food for sale in the cordoned off area of the lobby, so your needs are taken care of, and you can park it for every panel of the day.

On the plus side, it's 6500 diehard fans, every panel is full of top-shelf actors and directors, and you see film clips and trailers that no one else will see for months.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
If you show up after 7:30am, your wristband is worthless, and you end up in an endless line of people without wristbands who have very little chance of getting into the hall. Basically, people with wristbands are let into the hall sometime prior to the first panel at 10am, and they don't leave for the whole day. There are bathrooms in Hall H, and food for sale in the cordoned off area of the lobby, so your needs are taken care of, and you can park it for every panel of the day.

On the plus side, it's 6500 diehard fans, every panel is full of top-shelf actors and directors, and you see film clips and trailers that no one else will see for months.
LOL, so you're basically locking yourself into the hall for the day. Well...I guess if you really really want to see it it's a small price to pay.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
LOL, so you're basically locking yourself into the hall for the day. Well...I guess if you really really want to see it it's a small price to pay.
Yeah, those folks want to be there all day. I enjoy the show floor too much to be sitting in an uncomfortable chair in Hall H all day.

Honestly, I think it was Hall H and Comic-Con exclusives that exploded attendance at SDCC.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Yeah, those folks want to be there all day. I enjoy the show floor too much to be sitting in an uncomfortable chair in Hall H all day.

Honestly, I think it was Hall H and Comic-Con exclusives that exploded attendance at SDCC.
Yeah, I am a little upset that they're doing exclusive MCU Shirts at the Marvel booth this year, but honestly who know if they'd even have my size so it is what it is.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #16
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks like some of the list was legit.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #17
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Hopefully the new slate is announced tomorrow!
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #18
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

I can give you the slate right now

May 1st 2020 - Black Widow
November 2020 -Eternals
February 2021 - Shangi Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings
May 7th 2021 - Doctor Strange in the Mutliverse of Madness
November 5th 2021 - Thor: Love and Thunder (Jane Foster as Lady Thor)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #19
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I was right there with you until Thor : Love and Thunder.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #20
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
I can give you the slate right now

May 1st 2020 - Black Widow
November 2020 -Eternals
February 2021 - Shangi Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings
May 7th 2021 - Doctor Strange in the Mutliverse of Madness
November 5th 2021 - Thor: Love and Thunder (Jane Foster as Lady Thor)
Now that is surprising as thought Portman was done with Marvel (I know she was in Endgame for a minute).

If Jane can come back...there is hope for Sif.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote