Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2023, 09:53 AM   #11
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Meh, looks good, but no interest in that suit at all. Spidey always sells so it makes sense... ut then the newest PF was advertised hiw long ago? Still no PO yet
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:33 AM   #12
MPCanes
The X-Men

Looks great. Glad it?s not forced perspective.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:45 AM   #13
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLantern View Post
Looks like Sideshow is doing Iron Spider!
Wow, I actually really like this... That's for sure going to be a light-up base too.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:15 AM   #14
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The base is to me is the weakest part of the statue, but maybe they were trying to make it similar to he ground pound Iron Man base.

The rest is very cool and I would say a great update from the comiquette one. I don't collect Spiderman anymore, but sad we don't get any of his other rogues other than venom/carnage/green goblin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i will never understand their character choices

cool looking statue though, nice to see something new from SS just kind of sucks the first couple pieces in months are both repeats (iron spidey / ivy)
Ya its always kind of confusing, but to be fair you know if 12 days would have happened it would have had several rehashed characters that usually sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Meh, looks good, but no interest in that suit at all. Spidey always sells so it makes sense... ut then the newest PF was advertised hiw long ago? Still no PO yet
That's what i was thinking, unlike others i really liked the force perspective spiderman since it was something total new and unique. But unsure why that one hasn't gone up for PO and looks like this spiderman will go up by noon today.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #15
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Cool pose.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:06 PM   #16
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i will never understand their character choices

cool looking statue though, nice to see something new from SS just kind of sucks the first couple pieces in months are both repeats (iron spidey / ivy)
Sales. Thats it. Ivy will sell more than any character that hardcore collectors want. So will this. Sideshow actually has the receipts. They literally know it's a small loud part of the community that claim they will support say a Taskmaster when they actually won't. Also new collectors are coming in everyday we really can't say "hey they made an Iron Spider a decade ago whats up with the repeat?" They will always keep Spider-Man in some forum in stock that's just good business. I guarantee they will make a character off the beaten path this year they usually make a couple.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:21 PM   #17
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Sales. Thats it. Ivy will sell more than any character that hardcore collectors want. So will this. Sideshow actually has the receipts. They literally know it's a small loud part of the community that claim they will support say a Taskmaster when they actually won't. Also new collectors are coming in everyday we really can't say "hey they made an Iron Spider a decade ago whats up with the repeat?" They will always keep Spider-Man in some forum in stock that's just good business. I guarantee they will make a character off the beaten path this year they usually make a couple.
I?ve said it before, if you?re referencing a comiquette as the last version of a character, that?s sounds like the ancient past to any newer collectors.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:33 PM   #18
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
i get it i do, repeats of popular characters is smart business. i would counter even smarter business is sprinkling in never before done characters between repeats that cater to existing and new customers alike. how many spiderman collectors need another iron spider or even one in the first place? how many spiderman collectors would grab a bad ass 1/4 scale doc oc?

i dont hate repeats, this new ivy is the best one yet imo and for the first time im tempted to add her to my collection but we desperately need some characters that havent been done before. they dont have to be super risky d-list characters like taskmaster, two face is a top tier bat villain. doc oc is a top tier spiderman villain, i could go on. the days of 5000+ total es are gone regardless of character choice due to production and shipping costs, might as well pump out some cool sh_t that hasnt been done before
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:42 PM   #19
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Here's a major difference. Literally no one was asking for a Taskmaster. I see other characters requested all the time, both here AND on other social media platforms.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:10 PM   #20
Frankierock
Omega Red

Of course they do another one..I sold off my Comiquette way back…regretted it, but sold it for a lot..but I recently replaced him with XM’s Iron spider because I always missed him in my collection.
Depends on price, I may pick this one up too..but really wish they did the Ben Riley suit Spider-Man or even Superior Spider-Man.
But this does look good.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote