Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #631
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
What are the odds that SS will make a Marvel Girl PF one day? My gut tells me it’s a long shot, but they’ve been churning out the X-Men as of late, so maybe there’s a glimmer of hope. She’s such a sexy character.

Now, back to Storm speculations...
I would love this and I wouldn't care if this was the only Xman in retro style
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #632
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That is my favorite Jean costume. I love the green and yellow. It’s why I love the Phoenix suit so much.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #633
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I would love this and I wouldn't care if this was the only Xman in retro style
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That is my favorite Jean costume. I love the green and yellow. It’s why I love the Phoenix suit so much.
My thoughts EXACTLY! I remain hopeful as Marvel Girl and Gwen Stacy are “must haves” for me.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #634
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
The green and yellow is pure perfection. Retro at its finest. The Dark Phoenix Saga Omnibus delivers to me on Tuesday. Super stoked!!!
Old 02-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #635
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It’s your first time reading it, right? You will love it.

A moon fight with the Imperial Guard would be amazing in cinematic form. Just sayin to the Disney gods.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #636
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

A moon fight with the Imperial Guard would be amazing in cinematic form. Just sayin to the Disney gods.
I’ve been saying this forever. Then again because it’s my favorite story I’ve always wanted to see a straight forward adaptation with no story changes anyway. But I’ve always wanted a computer animated movie of it though, not like Pixar or Spider-Verse style, but grittier, more like what’s in video game cinematics. Like how modern Final Fantasy or Mortal Kombat cinematics look. I know the live action movies will always do their own thing.

It’s one of those things where the story is right there, extremely dated dialogue yes but that can always be updated, the story itself stands so why oh why have they screwed it up twice? The Animated Series still has the best adaptation. I almost think you can’t really do it justice in a movie, it needs episodes to tell the full story from Phoenix Saga to Dark Phoenix Saga.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:43 AM   #637
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:

Yes, it’ll be my first time reading it. I’m so far behind the times when it comes to Marvel comics. I have vague memories of looking at X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman comics on spinner racks at the local BX in the late 70’s and early 80’s when I was a kid, but my parents never bought me comic books. Now I’m making up for lost time with the current collected editions.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #638
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’ve been saying this forever. Then again because it’s my favorite story I’ve always wanted to see a straight forward adaptation with no story changes anyway. But I’ve always wanted a computer animated movie of it though, not like Pixar or Spider-Verse style, but grittier, more like what’s in video game cinematics. Like how modern Final Fantasy or Mortal Kombat cinematics look. I know the live action movies will always do their own thing.

It’s one of those things where the story is right there, extremely dated dialogue yes but that can always be updated, the story itself stands so why oh why have they screwed it up twice? The Animated Series still has the best adaptation. I almost think you can’t really do it justice in a movie, it needs episodes to tell the full story from Phoenix Saga to Dark Phoenix Saga.
Well of course it needs a slow build with multiple movies. I think that you're 100% correct that XTAS did the perfect rendition of it. Even adding the characters that weren't in the comic story didn't seem that much of a stretch. There are a TON of characters though.

All I know is that I am done with a half-assed telling of X-Men stories in cinema. There is no damn way to adequately tell the Phoenix and/or Dark Phoenix saga in one 2 hour film and have people care about Jean's fate. There is also no good way to just have Magneto show up and be a friendly dude/aligned with the X-Men. As much as I hate constantly doing origin stories - I think X-Men deserve it. The problem is the X-Men roster is so huge with really great characters that shaving it down to a solid 4-5 is tough. I'd suppose we could have a leading series on Disney+ that takes us to a movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Yes, it’ll be my first time reading it. I’m so far behind the times when it comes to Marvel comics. I have vague memories of looking at X-Men, Spider-Man and Batman comics on spinner racks at the local BX in the late 70’s and early 80’s when I was a kid, but my parents never bought me comic books. Now I’m making up for lost time with the current collected editions.
Never too late to have a good time! I bought my own comics as a teenager. I'm sure my mom thought I was silly for going to use part of my job money on comics, but I love em.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #639
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So still no Storm reveal, it's now March. And somehow this thread has turned into a Marvel Girl appreciation thread? lol.

Come on Sideshow! Show us Storm already!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #640
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

It doesn't surprise me. People are bored. It's been over two months already since they teased her and the only thing they've revealed is that boring COTD piece and yet another Spider-Man.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote