Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

The Blitzway gloves look darker.
The position of the US flag is different also.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:08 PM   #12
XMAN
Ultron

Anyone get this yet?
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:12 PM   #13
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
At the very first glance the visor looks off scale, smaller than the real visor in photos. To confirm I chose a reference image and did some measurements after scaling the two so the baseline is the vertical distance from (top edge of) the red knob to the flat part of the helmet base.

The image below shows the measurements:

And the resulting numbers:

reference image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Spacesuit.jpg

statue image: https://blitzway.com/wp-content/uplo...AGE_WEB-13.jpg
from https://blitzway.com/product/astrona...lm-5-a7l-ver2/

real helmet height: 363.228 - 207.9 = 155.328
real torso: 207.9
real helmet to torso ratio: 155.328 / 207.9 = 0.7471 = 74.7%

statue helmet height: 330.1515 - 207.9 = 122.2515
statue torso: 207.9
statue helmet to torso ratio: 122.2515 / 207.9 = 0.5880 = 58.8%

Yes of course this is not a 100% accurate measurement because of slight difference in angles between the reference image and the Blitzway statue image, but I think the difference is clearly demonstrated. The visor should be about 75% the height of the torso, and in the statue it is only 59%. The PLSS also seems to be smaller in height than the real deal.

That leads to the question of course if this prototype is being further developed or if the main sculpt has been done and no further modifications will be made. I can ignore color inaccuracies on small parts or minor parts being missing or inaccurate, but the proportions definitely should be correct to do justice to such an important subject matter. Having a "first man on the moon" statue with the lander leg included is a superb must-have piece for space exploration fans, but the scaling issue makes it a hard sell given the price and space this will take up.

Anyone here more in the know can you please shed light on whether there is a chance Blitzway will improve this further before the announced release next year? Thanks.

Apart from the proportions, at a concept level it is a bit of a shame this is not a proper Neil Armstrong representation, with the name tag missing and even more so the gold UV visor not openable to show the headsculpt. I would have much preferred that even if that leads to a substantially higher price. With the space these statues take up I would rather have one Armstrong statue than a separate one Blitzway might do in the future showing him on the surface with the visor up.
By visor up, i assume you mean open.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:09 AM   #14
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I just bought this on a whim, and boy is it heavy.

It’s easily the heaviest 1/4 scale human statue that I have.

The primary base is heavy (which isn’t unusual) but the landers leg is also extremely heavy. Too heavy, imo given the angle of the strut.

When I picked up the body, boy was I surprised. It felt like I was lifting up one of my bigger 1/3 scale statues. It must be completely solid under the white fabric of the suit.

I only had the chance to assemble it, so I haven’t really had time to go over it, and I do like it but unfortunately it doesn’t really go with the rest of my collection, but I don’t regret purchasing it.

Though one thing I don’t get. He’s supposed to hold a metal container in his left hand, but as far as I can tell there’s no magnet or enough of a friction hold, to hold it in place.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:17 AM   #15
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
At the very first glance the visor looks off scale, smaller than the real visor in photos. To confirm I chose a reference image and did some measurements after scaling the two so the baseline is the vertical distance from (top edge of) the red knob to the flat part of the helmet base.

The image below shows the measurements:

And the resulting numbers:

reference image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Spacesuit.jpg

statue image: https://blitzway.com/wp-content/uplo...AGE_WEB-13.jpg
from https://blitzway.com/product/astrona...lm-5-a7l-ver2/

real helmet height: 363.228 - 207.9 = 155.328
real torso: 207.9
real helmet to torso ratio: 155.328 / 207.9 = 0.7471 = 74.7%

statue helmet height: 330.1515 - 207.9 = 122.2515
statue torso: 207.9
statue helmet to torso ratio: 122.2515 / 207.9 = 0.5880 = 58.8%

Yes of course this is not a 100% accurate measurement because of slight difference in angles between the reference image and the Blitzway statue image, but I think the difference is clearly demonstrated. The visor should be about 75% the height of the torso, and in the statue it is only 59%. The PLSS also seems to be smaller in height than the real deal.

That leads to the question of course if this prototype is being further developed or if the main sculpt has been done and no further modifications will be made. I can ignore color inaccuracies on small parts or minor parts being missing or inaccurate, but the proportions definitely should be correct to do justice to such an important subject matter. Having a "first man on the moon" statue with the lander leg included is a superb must-have piece for space exploration fans, but the scaling issue makes it a hard sell given the price and space this will take up.

Anyone here more in the know can you please shed light on whether there is a chance Blitzway will improve this further before the announced release next year? Thanks.

Apart from the proportions, at a concept level it is a bit of a shame this is not a proper Neil Armstrong representation, with the name tag missing and even more so the gold UV visor not openable to show the headsculpt. I would have much preferred that even if that leads to a substantially higher price. With the space these statues take up I would rather have one Armstrong statue than a separate one Blitzway might do in the future showing him on the surface with the visor up.
You cannot use a reference photo from what looks like a fisheye wide angle lens that distorts the image. The illustration below is a more accurate representation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA7F2AAA-AE9D-40AA-A7AE-848D54887AF0.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	147594  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:07 AM   #16
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

im waiting on the Moon Landing Conspiracy Theorists to chime in on accuracy

The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:17 AM   #17
XMAN
Ultron

This is currently shipping?. has anyone gotten it yet
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:02 AM   #18
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
This is currently shipping?. has anyone gotten it yet
Obviously I got it a couple months back (Australia).

But I did see Spec receiving their batch not long after.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #19
BurningRage
Inhumans

There?s a video on YouTube.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote