Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #41
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I noticed Vinces name mentioned earlier in the thread.

I will personally vouch for Vince. He is a good guy (works for me now and then) and delivers what he says he will. He parted ways with Mark after things got shady.

Last edited by OuttaSight; 03-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #42
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

thanks for sharing man. good to know he parted way with that sh!t head.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #43
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have phoned Vince and spoken to him, he has flat out told me there is no mold, no statues being made by mark, and that if he has promised to make a statue, to trust him is a big mistake cause you will never get it, he has distanced himself from mark and no longer works for him in any way shape or form.
so anyone who was lucky enough to get one, count your blessings, if anyone is going to sell theirs please PM me.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #44
DynamicMenace

UPDATE

not sure if this has happen for anyone else here. but Mark Villalobos contacted me a few weeks ago and and that he wanted to redeem himself for doing me wrong and misleading me in making purchases for the T-900 busts that he said he was making.

he realized that what he did was majorly wrong and that he screwed up royally and he wanted to clear his name and make things right.

i was very skeptical at first. and i know i said a lot of hateful things on here for i was pissed off. but i figured i would turn a new leaf and give him a second chance. after all, i really wanted this busts in my collection, and he was man enough to contact me and man up and admit that he was wrong when he could have easily not have done so. and even after i sent him a 3 paragraph lecture that reamed him out pretty good about what he did was a BS move and wasn't cool at all. he did not once give me an excuse and told me that everything i said was right. and that he wanted to make things right. he realized that what he did was majorly wrong and that he screwed up royally and he wanted to clear his name and make things up to me. and get me the busts that i wanted. and with a discount for my troubles
and he did just that. he came though and deviled me my busts. he even agreed to shipped them to me first. all i had to do was pay for shipping and as soon as i received them. i pay him in full if they arrived in one piece and only if i was happy with them. in which they did and i was..
these two busts look incredible. im glad i gave him a second chance. and now i have this bust in my collection.

i hope the other people in this thread was contacted by him as well and were able to receive there busts that they wanted.
that was actually one of the things i told him in my lecture to him. that he needed to contact the other people that he did wrong. and he agreed to do so,.

i will say that i have to commend him for making the effort to right his wrong and come through and deliver. it does say a lot about him as a person trying to make things right.

so as far as im concerned he has totally redeemed himself with me. and i hope he does the same with others on here and elsewhere as well.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #45
Choyli-fut75
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Seriously DynamicMenace? You spent this whole thread trashing this scum-bag, and rightly so, but now that you got what you want from him, he's a saint? Come on man, you ever think why all of the sudden, out of the clear blue this guy suddenly grew a conscience? That now he's compelled to do right by the people he screwed over? You know it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is for these cons to silence their biggest critics. All they have to do is throw out a few crumbs on the ground and everyone's happy. All the while dropping their guard and letting this deuce-bag set up for his next big scam. And it works every time, cause now he got YOU on his side. This sh*t head has a history of deceit. You heard from people that personally knew and worked with this guy, saying how dishonest he is. Even Jerry won't have anything to do with him and here you are praising this a-hole all because you got what you want from him. I'm curious to know ****Did anyone else out there that got screwed by this guy over this bust finally get their T-900 bust from him? I'm asking because I'll be extremely surprise if anyone else did. DyanicMenace, you were probably one of his biggest critic, and now you got your bust and everything is fine. I have no doubt that those bust are fantastic and that they got you bedazzled. But stop and think for a minute about all those other people that didn't get their bust and had their money stolen by this creep. Don't be a tool for this con-man. One good deed does not redeem years of misery that he put other's thru all in the name of greed. It's a good start in the right direction, but he's got a looooooong ways to go. So before you start buddying up to him, ask yourself, what's in it for him, and please please please make him earn your admiration. Don't be fooled by just a few crumbs.
Choyli-fut75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #46
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choyli-fut75 View Post
Seriously DynamicMenace? You spent this whole thread trashing this scum-bag, and rightly so, but now that you got what you want from him, he's a saint? Come on man, you ever think why all of the sudden, out of the clear blue this guy suddenly grew a conscience? That now he's compelled to do right by the people he screwed over? You know it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is for these cons to silence their biggest critics. All they have to do is throw out a few crumbs on the ground and everyone's happy. All the while dropping their guard and letting this deuce-bag set up for his next big scam. And it works every time, cause now he got YOU on his side. This sh*t head has a history of deceit. You heard from people that personally knew and worked with this guy, saying how dishonest he is. Even Jerry won't have anything to do with him and here you are praising this a-hole all because you got what you want from him. I'm curious to know ****Did anyone else out there that got screwed by this guy over this bust finally get their T-900 bust from him? I'm asking because I'll be extremely surprise if anyone else did. DyanicMenace, you were probably one of his biggest critic, and now you got your bust and everything is fine. I have no doubt that those bust are fantastic and that they got you bedazzled. But stop and think for a minute about all those other people that didn't get their bust and had their money stolen by this creep. Don't be a tool for this con-man. One good deed does not redeem years of misery that he put other's thru all in the name of greed. It's a good start in the right direction, but he's got a looooooong ways to go. So before you start buddying up to him, ask yourself, what's in it for him, and please please please make him earn your admiration. Don't be fooled by just a few crumbs.
i totally understand where your coming from. and i can understand the dislike for him by others. i dont think he is a saint, but at least hes trying to right the wrong he has done. i can understand if you or any other person might think im a damn fool or a blatant idiot or even a hypocrite for that matter for giving him a second chance to get the bust that i and my brother so desired. i know i have been one of the biggest critics.
and i guess i am being a bit hypocritical.
but he seemed sincere and said he is mending the wrong that he had done with me and the others on this bust.

i have been taken for a lot of money from crooks on the internet. and not one, NOT one of them ever contacted me back apologizing and wanting to fix it.
Mark was the first one. so maybe thats why i gave him the befit of the doubt to make things right. and he did so , but ONLY on my terms, NOT his. meaning no money up front and he shipped them to me first before i paid.
so i took that as a sign of being sincere and meaning what the man was saying.

i know im looking the fool right now. and some are seeing this as wrong. and some are more than likely dumbfounded by it. but i think if i did something wrong to someone and wanted to try and make it up to them, to make it right. i would hope that they would give me a second chance to do so. i know im not perfect. maybe i should have not dealt with him at all this time around. but maybe if i hadn't, then maybe he wouldn't have wanted to try and make things right with others. in which i really hope that he is and does for im going to look very STUPID if he isn't/doesn't.

trust me Choyli-fut75, like you said. this is one of the first steps in the right direction to earn my admiration. i may have made it sound like all is forgiven. but it CLEARLY ISN'T all forgotten. i may have made it sound like the guy is a saint, but trust me. thats not what im saying by any means.. but if he has fixed what he had done wrong with others thats another step in the right direction. but again, the fact that he had done the things that he has done. doesn't mean that they have been forgotten. that fact will ALWAYS be lurking in the back of my head.

and ya know, i could have easily said/posted nothing about all of this. specially on a public forum such as this for i knew the ridicule and judgment i would receive from it. but felt that it needed to be known so that the others on here knew about it. was it the right thing to do? i think it was. was it the right thing to do to give him another chance to get the busts i wanted? i think that was as well. although i know some wont see it that way.

but hopefully this wont make some think differently about me. but im sure it possibly will. specially with my history of standing up to crooks and exploiters. another reason why i maybe looking hypocritical right now.
if so , so be it.
but those crooks and exploiters were given second chances as well until they proved that they weren't going to change and couldn't be trusted..

so im just hoping that there will be some good to come out of all of this and things will change for the better.
only time will tell.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:55 AM   #47
Choyli-fut75

You know a thing about a con-man? They're good at what they do. They're malipulative and calculating. And this guy has got a lot of years of experience under his belt. As much as I love to think he's trying to go legit, there's that nagging little tingling in the back of my mind that's telling me otherwise. I just don't believe he woke up one day with a conscience. Something happen that is making him do this move. I think this is all part of his attempt at damage control. Maybe word of mouths finally got around to the right people and now he's feeling the heat. People are starting to take notice and now his scam is hurting. So what to do? Hmmmm, time for a little damage control, make a few friends. I feel you're doing EXACTLY what he'd hope you do. By giving you your statues, he accomplished two things; (1) silence one of his critics, and (2) FREE ADVERTISING!! Cause here you are, a critic of his, now VOUCHING for him. And all it cost him was 2 busts. Actually, not even. From the communication he had with you, it's easy for him to tell that you're an upright kind of guy. Remember, he's a con-man, that's what he does, read people. So by him abiding to your terms, it was no real gamble on his part to send you the busts first, before receiving payments. The only thing he had to do was make sure you like the bust and that it got to you in one piece, so I'm sure he put in his best effort on the 2 you got. What I'm afraid of and what I suspect is his real intention from the get-go, is that with you giving him your approval, how many people are going to start placing orders with this guy and sending him their money? I'm just curious from his small investment of sending you 2 busts, how many people he's going to net before we relise that it was another scam. Of course this is all speculation and I'm probably being too paranoid. But one fact we do know is that he is a known scammer and a con. I'm not saying that people can't change for the better, but then again I always remember Jonathan from Syco Collectible and we all know how well that went.

DynamicMenace, it goes without saying that you are passionate about this hobby and that you do really care about this community. I think that a lot of people on this message board and others have come to rely and trust your judgement. I know I do. With that being said, I just wish, before you do a complete reversal of opion on a known scammer, you give it more time for them to prove themselves. For me, there needs to be a lot more people to come forth and say that they got what's owed to them from this guy. There needs to be more legit artist and company, like Jerry Macaluso, willing to work with him again. Personally, he's done in my book. There are many company and artist out their who never scam or con people out of their money, trying to make it in this business. Those are the ones that's going to get my money.

DynamicMenace you are a good person, I have a lot of respect for all the time and effort you put into this community. Alls I'm saying is that you please keep up the vigilant and don't let your guard down.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #48
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choyli-fut75 View Post
You know a thing about a con-man? They're good at what they do. They're malipulative and calculating. And this guy has got a lot of years of experience under his belt. As much as I love to think he's trying to go legit, there's that nagging little tingling in the back of my mind that's telling me otherwise. I just don't believe he woke up one day with a conscience. Something happen that is making him do this move. I think this is all part of his attempt at damage control. Maybe word of mouths finally got around to the right people and now he's feeling the heat. People are starting to take notice and now his scam is hurting. So what to do? Hmmmm, time for a little damage control, make a few friends. I feel you're doing EXACTLY what he'd hope you do. By giving you your statues, he accomplished two things; (1) silence one of his critics, and (2) FREE ADVERTISING!! Cause here you are, a critic of his, now VOUCHING for him. And all it cost him was 2 busts. Actually, not even. From the communication he had with you, it's easy for him to tell that you're an upright kind of guy. Remember, he's a con-man, that's what he does, read people. So by him abiding to your terms, it was no real gamble on his part to send you the busts first, before receiving payments. The only thing he had to do was make sure you like the bust and that it got to you in one piece, so I'm sure he put in his best effort on the 2 you got. What I'm afraid of and what I suspect is his real intention from the get-go, is that with you giving him your approval, how many people are going to start placing orders with this guy and sending him their money? I'm just curious from his small investment of sending you 2 busts, how many people he's going to net before we relise that it was another scam. Of course this is all speculation and I'm probably being too paranoid. But one fact we do know is that he is a known scammer and a con. I'm not saying that people can't change for the better, but then again I always remember Jonathan from Syco Collectible and we all know how well that went.

DynamicMenace, it goes without saying that you are passionate about this hobby and that you do really care about this community. I think that a lot of people on this message board and others have come to rely and trust your judgement. I know I do. With that being said, I just wish, before you do a complete reversal of opion on a known scammer, you give it more time for them to prove themselves. For me, there needs to be a lot more people to come forth and say that they got what's owed to them from this guy. There needs to be more legit artist and company, like Jerry Macaluso, willing to work with him again. Personally, he's done in my book. There are many company and artist out their who never scam or con people out of their money, trying to make it in this business. Those are the ones that's going to get my money.

DynamicMenace you are a good person, I have a lot of respect for all the time and effort you put into this community. Alls I'm saying is that you please keep up the vigilant and don't let your guard down.

look, i know what your saying. and all of that has gone though my mind. trust me. its not like i just said ok ill give you a second chance and all is forgiven because your going to give me the busts i wanted now. thats def not how it went down. i may have worded my initial statement about it poorly and could have worded it better. im sure it looked like i did a 180 from all my previous posts in this thread. but thats not the case. not to mention. i def took out my anger out on him for past endeavors from others who have actually ripped me off and took me for lots of money. was that fair to do? probably not. but i felt at the time, and still do, that it was deserving.
but i wanted to let people know that hes trying to make amends and make things right. trust me. i tore him a new one in my email to him. went up one side and down the other and back up through even on the phone. and he stood there and took. so i felt with his reply and the communication back and forth several times via email and over the phone. i felt that what he was saying was honest and sincere. i get the whole cons are good at what they do. but i could hear it in his voice. and i could feel it in my gut. and usually my gut feeling comes through for me every time. USUALLY...lol
just as it did for the whole Syco fiasco as you mention. you say you remember all that. well have you forgotten that Darren Jonathan Martin was given a second chance on this very forum and an other (the club house)? im sure if you go back and read through that thread (and on the clubhouse) you'll see that some of my posts that i commended Jonathan for coming on this forum and the clubhouse and apologizing and admitting to things to try to make things right. and at that point all was forgiven. heck Eric Sosa was even going to be his art director for it seemed that he was doing the right thing and trying to amend what he was doing wrong. well that all changed when sculptors on the clubhouse contacted me personally telling me that Abdel (KOH) and Jonathan were still working together and was still contacting them and telling them to submit their sculpts to Jonathan and syco. after he just told Eric that he wasn't. thats when i contacted Eric Sosa and let him know that Darren was lying to him and pulling the wool over his eyes and was lying to him the whole time. granted, my gut was telling me that he was the whole time. but it wasn't a known fact he was until i found out what i was feeling was true.

im not saying that my gut feeling or judgement is right all the time. but i honestly feel that Mark wants to right the wrong hes done. and by him coming through and keeping to his word and delivering this time. is proof that hes trying to do what is right.

the whole comparison with syco and Mark is quite a bit different. the whole syoco scam started when syco tried to exploit my fiend Chris E. on his Lou Hulk sculpt. and when he didn't want to sell it to them. they blatantly copied his. and then they kept exploiting other artists to take advantage of them. and when they were told to stop by Eric and others in the industry they didn't. and tried to lie about it saying they were.
this is a the first incident that i know of people potentially loosing their money to Mark. and something i witnessed first hand personally. so i do see it as quite a bit different situation. and i do not think that anyone has been ripped off without being refunded by paypal. i only know about what happened to me and the others in this thread. which is the same thing that happened to me.
i retrieved the money i sent him and i believe the others did as well. the things that syco was doing was crooked all the way around. they were screwing the artists and the customers for years. but like i said. this is the first incident i have had with the man. not like this has been an on going thing that i was aware of for years like i did with syco.

im flattered that you feel that you and other people in this community rely and trust my judgment. that really means a lot to em. and ill be honest, i feel that i may have disappointed some of you and that i look like a hypocrite and let you all down. but it was the chance and choice i was willing to take to inform others that they too could have the opportunity to finally get the bust they wanted. and or money back if he did in fact rip them off. but he swears that everyone has been paid. if thats true or not i dont know. i only know what happened with me personally. and only did what i did so i could get the pieces for my collection. but also at the same time a way for others in this community to retrieve theirs if they so desired believe it or not. i honestly wasn't thinking just for my self or personal gain.

but honestly. i wouldn't have given him a second chance if i didn't feel that he was telling me the truth. i look at it as doing the same thing as Eric did for Johnathan when he felt that Jonathan was telling him the truth. but we all know Jonathan was lying. is Mark? i dont think he is. because like i said. this is the first incident i know of dealing with him personally. its not like i have known of him having a history of doing this for years. its my first dealing with the man. another reason why i gave him a second chance.
and look, im only saying "I" gave him a second chance. im not telling anyone else that they need to do the same. if they feel that they dont want to. i can totally understand why they would choose not to. and i dont blame them at all. and im not in any way shape or form condoning what he had done. and giving him a free pass. as i said before, there will always be caution lurking in the back of my mind when dealing with him. if it even happens again.

and trust me. its not like im on the other side of the fence completely. im actually tilting back and forth on the top of it at this point. so i can fall either way. it all depends on his actions. and him keeping his word.
i guess i just wanted to give the man a chance to redeem himself. and with me. hes done that so far. if he keeps to his word and makes it right with everyone else. then i guess me trusting in him was the right thing to do. but only time will tell.

i do want to add that in our conversations that Mark and i had he even told me to post his email and phone number and insisted that people who he did wrong in this thread (or anywhere for that matter), to either email him or better yet text or call him. and he said that he will reply. and he said if you do call and he doesn't answer. leave him a message. and he did promise that he would make very effort to reply back and do whatever he can to make it right and make them happy.

this is his personal cell phone number.. 818-216-2881

and this is the email that he can be contacted at. monstereffects@gmail.com

i think i have said enough on the matter. and hope things work out for best for everyone. i do appreciate you chiming in Choyli-fut75 and speaking your mind and giving your honest opinion on the matter. and letting me know how you feel about my actions. and i respect you and everything you have said and will take it to heart. and i promise to keep being vigilant and won't let my guard down. that you can count on.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #49
Choyli-fut75

Amen my brother...Like you said, only time will tell.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #50
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

hey guys, guess what, Mark contacted me also, he has sent one to me, only took 2 years, he said he was sorry, and hoped I would be happy with the end result, it arrived today, I looked at it quickly since I'm at work as I type, to me it looks like a rush job, the paint looks sloppy, but I'll have to take a better look tonight when I get home, he did not charge me anything, he said if I like it to pay him after, not sure if I will keep it though, I would have liked it to look like the promo pics, but we'll see.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote