Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
My point was there is no difference between the two outfits, there both extremely sexy and revealing. You comment sounded more like a jab to people who like the new 52 outfits.
lmao
One covers quite a bit more skin than the other. So there is a difference.
How was my comment a jab on people that like the new DC 52 outfits? Just because I don't love hers doesn't mean I automatically think they are all bad or that I think people that like them are bad. I actually enjoy a lot of the 52 titles and designs. I am not the only one that disliked Starfire's new costume, there is actually some controversy around it. If you took that as a jab, I think you are being a tad sensitive.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern_ View Post
I wish she was looking to the side more, like in the artwork.
From this angle, it does look like she is trying to ride that rock.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
gomur
The Tick

Hi Built2Shred, I agree that the New 52 costumes get a lot of heat across the board, even though there are some nice new designs that sneaked in there. Dechiricio7's beef with New 52 Starfire seems to be more about the character than the costume, however.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Hi Built2Shred, I agree that the New 52 costumes get a lot of heat across the board, even though there are some nice new designs that sneaked in there. Dechiricio7's beef with New 52 Starfire seems to be more about the character than the costume, however.
Huh? I have nothing against the character. I am merely talking about the outfits. I don't know where you people come up with stuff. Please inform me where I say anything against the character? And again, I am talking about ONE outfit, that ONE character wears, not the entire 52 universe. I have nothing but enthusiasm for the fact that they are doing a bishoujo of Starfire. If you look back at threads asking what Characters you wanted to see made into a bishoujo, I am pretty sure Starfire was at the top of my list.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was going to say I hope they keep her curves in the sculpt, and I see they did. This will be a must have for me.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Oh I doubt it, Dechiricio 7's said they knew very little about the character, his/her comment was 100% referring to the 52 outfit, described as a weak sex object with pasties for the male crowd... Although that probably describes just about all the female characters in comics lol

I guess my comment was more of a "It's been 2 years and people are still whining about the 52 outfits"

anyways Dechiricio has a right to his/her opinion and I shouldn't of been a smart ass... My apologies...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
what? leaning up on a rock?
Seriously that's all you saw when you first glanced at it? Guess my mind is more perverted then I thought...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #28
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Love it! Seems that next year is going to be Koto heavy for me
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:41 AM   #29
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Huh? I have nothing against the character. I am merely talking about the outfits. I don't know where you people come up with stuff. Please inform me where I say anything against the character? And again, I am talking about ONE outfit, that ONE character wears, not the entire 52 universe. I have nothing but enthusiasm for the fact that they are doing a bishoujo of Starfire. If you look back at threads asking what Characters you wanted to see made into a bishoujo, I am pretty sure Starfire was at the top of my list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I don't know a lot about her, but I know she is a very sexual alien. I am glad they went with her old costume. The new costume is way too "for the male crowd." It is kind of sad what they did with her in the new 52 series. I like to see my female characters strong, like she used to be, and not some sex object in pasties. That is why I sold my Starfire (52 version) bust, it just isn't the Starfire that I like.

The phallus shaped rock kind of makes me giggle on this one though.

For some reason, I have really been loving the astrological characters lately. Like Thor, Enchantress, Starfire etc.
In the New 52, at least the first issues, Starfire is portrayed as little more than a sex object shared by Red Hood and Roy Harper. I thought you referenced this in your original post, but I guess your statement was based entirely on the costume.

Judging the costume itself, I'm not against the New 52 redesign. Jim Lee kept the same color scheme and made it just a wee bit more risque. It's not like they went in a radical direction and fully clothed Koriand'r like Poison Ivy. I do prefer the original look, on which the Bishoujo is based, but the redesign isn't bad either.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #30
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Buy
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote