Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #11
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'll watch this vid tonight.

I don't even own ten bishoujo statues. The ones I own I feel are the best. I want to get Mara and Cammy soon. But there are a few things I'm working on first. Like finding a rotating base.

I think Mara is the best though. Probably followed by the SDCC Psylocke. Then Batgirl (Black or Blue depends on preference really) or Huntress. Although Black Canary should jump ahead of those two when Kotobukiya releases her.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #12
qz33
Doctor Doom

1. Catwoman (Simply unmatched as of yet. Don't even care about the character but this one started got me into these)

2. Tekken Christie Monteiro (Without Catwoman would be number one)

3. Wonder Woman (Great Quality)

4. Asuka Kazama (Super Cute)

5. Psylocke 2nd Version X-Force

6. Ling Xiaoyu (Love that Back Bubble)

7. Jaina Solo (nothing exposed but really great & so cute)

8. Mara Jade (would be much higher in arrears but face looks too old for Bishoujo standards)

9. Poison Ivy (Hope they do a redesign someday as it still could be so much better)

10. Ghostbuster Lucy (one of the most despised but I really like the designs as there was nothing sexy for Ghostbusters)

But Freddy, Jason, Jubilee, Zantanna, Wasp, and Poison could challange everyone except the first 2.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #13
ReplicantSavior

I was surprised that Batgirl or Huntress didn't make the list. Those two have great bases and go together. And I guess Mara technically isn't a bishoujo.

I think my problem with a lot of the bishoujo line is that they are cute anime girls and I want to see more I guess normal comic hero in them. That's why I passed on a lot of them. Take Power Girl, she's cute. But Sideshow's Power Girl is both cute and more comic book woman if that makes sense. Maybe it's not a coincidence that the majority I own have masks. And the others l like are a bit more anime influenced like Psylocke or Cammy.

Anyway, can't wait to see the normal vs metallic Spider-Woman comparison video.

PS - Did you see the new line from Yamash!ta called Military Qty's? You have to paint them a bit but the designs look good.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #14
HieroJux
Birdman

Batgirl and Huntress are both great. So is Harley Quinn which hasn't received much love thus far. I'm surprised Black Cat got a nod. Phoenix is my #11 btw. I didn't include Max Factory's Samus statue but if I did, she'd take #2 . Metallic Spider Woman vid will be up soon and I'll check out those Qty's.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #15
qz33
Doctor Doom

Something about the Harley Quinn is just off. When I saw the art I thought it would be an instant purchase but when the finished product was show it just was not up to the art's standard. I haven't even wanted to spend the money on it. Shame too since Ms. Quinn is such bishoujo material by design.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
llama
The Spirit

I have to agree about Harley Quinn. I would like them to take another shot at her but only if they stick to the red and black jester suit version and not any of her more recent redesigns.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #17
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
1. Catwoman (Simply unmatched as of yet. Don't even care about the character but this one started got me into these)

2. Tekken Christie Monteiro (Without Catwoman would be number one)

3. Wonder Woman (Great Quality)

4. Asuka Kazama (Super Cute)

5. Psylocke 2nd Version X-Force

6. Ling Xiaoyu (Love that Back Bubble)

7. Jaina Solo (nothing exposed but really great & so cute)

8. Mara Jade (would be much higher in arrears but face looks too old for Bishoujo standards)

9. Poison Ivy (Hope they do a redesign someday as it still could be so much better)

10. Ghostbuster Lucy (one of the most despised but I really like the designs as there was nothing sexy for Ghostbusters)

But Freddy, Jason, Jubilee, Zantanna, Wasp, and Poison could challange everyone except the first 2.
Hey! I always thought secretary Janine was kinda cute.

Nice list though.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #18
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
Batgirl and Huntress are both great. So is Harley Quinn which hasn't received much love thus far. I surprised Black Cat got a nod. Phoenix is my #11 btw. I didn't Max Factory's Samus statue but if I did, she'd take #2 . Metallic Spider Woman vid will be up soon and I'll check out those Qty's.
I probably confused you with the other reviewer from I think Australia that didn't know who Samus was. That Max Factory Samus is a great statue of her. There are a bunch of other videogame statues that are just as good as the bishoujo ones. I got Elizabeth from Persona a few months back. They made a few other color versions of her too.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144476

Also, a second Alisa from God Eater just came out. Her face isn't as good as the prototype but isn't as bad as the photos either. The original statue is still good too.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198605

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78917

Of course there is the Momohime grail that has been released I think three times and she still holds her value.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/27637

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post

Nice list though.

She should have received the bishoujo treatment. What was Kotobukiya thinking? Unless they couldn't get the actress or studio to give the likeness rights.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #19
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have owned, or still do own most of these bishoujo. Everyone of them could be in someone's top ten. I'd argue that some get more overlooked because they are not well known characters. The MIB agent for example is a great statue but probably won't make most top ten lists ( she's in mine though
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #20
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
She should have received the bishoujo treatment. What was Kotobukiya thinking? Unless they couldn't get the actress or studio to give the likeness rights.
Yeah I didn't think of that. What a great idea!!

Annie Potts isn't hot in the live action but I can so see the animated version. Maybe they would still do it but they would probably base the decision on Lucy's sales so maybe not.