Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #581
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I wonder how different it is from the show if at all? I’ve only watched the show.

For the show anyway, it’s anime, tournaments are just what they do...any and every Dragonball, Black Clover, Naruto, Pokémon, etc...it’s a pretty standard plot line in Japanese entertainment. Look at fighting games, they’re all tournaments. It’s just what they do.
They do tournaments but once in while. Dragon Ball and Naruto have so much more adventures besides tournaments. I read 3 volumes of MHA and it's already 3 tournamnets. Where i'm is in the middle of 3rd tournament.

1st The enterance to UA tournament
2nd The two team tournament at the traning grounds
3rd The sports festival tournament....

It's all one tournament after another... Hope it gets better in the further parts but i have a fituge of tournaments right now because of MHA...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:33 AM   #582
Peedi
The Secret Six

Very true. I was just speaking to the prevalence of tournaments across Japanese and influenced media, but yeah, usually they aren’t as frequent. Usually a major one or two as a contained saga per different show.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #583
Peedi
The Secret Six

DCeased Unkillables #1 was a good read.

I read so many comics that while I enjoy many of them it’s rare that one has me in anticipation for the next issue to hurry up and get here. Before the original DCeased I don’t think I felt that much of a longing for the next issue since Dark Angel Saga.

While Unkillables doesn’t give me the same level of “Agh! I have to wait another month for the next part!” as the original, it’s still great IMO and like the original story I think the main characters were well chosen. This series starts off concurrent with the original series but it will end depicting events after it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:56 PM   #584
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I read "Immortal Hulk Vol. 1: Or is he Both?" and its my first comic since im an adult (Apart from Manga).

So far, I only like Hulk because of his looks and muscles. This comic didn't change that. I was hoping the comic brought me some admiration for his character. Till now unfortunately not really. I think it's good that he's not stupid. I found it entertaining and beautifully drawn. But I don't know if I should read on.
7/10
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #585
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sry double post
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:03 AM   #586
Asgard
Deadman

I'm done with Harleen
The story is wonderfully told.
9/10

Batman - Damned
Little bit confusing or my english is not good enough but the story end is cool. And i like the drawings
7/10
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:46 AM   #587
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Working through my back log;

Heart of the Beast - 7/10 - Great early-ish art by Sean Phillips. Liked the setting and slow build. Took me way too long to notice - 'oh, its Frankenstein.'

White Trash - 5/10 - Art is amazing, story never grabbed me. Very much a product of its time and the zany road trip thing has been done better by the like of Tank Girl. But a fun romp.

Blood on the Tracks Vol.1 - 8/10 - A blind buy, and fairly mundane until the sudden sinister turn towards the end which suddenly made me sit-up and take interest. Holds potential so will check out the next volume. Art was functional and expressive.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #588
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
I read "Immortal Hulk Vol. 1: Or is he Both?" and its my first comic since im an adult (Apart from Manga).

So far, I only like Hulk because of his looks and muscles. This comic didn't change that. I was hoping the comic brought me some admiration for his character. Till now unfortunately not really. I think it's good that he's not stupid. I found it entertaining and beautifully drawn. But I don't know if I should read on.
7/10
Agree. I read the first oversized HC and was truly underwhelmed by the story and writing.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #589
risingstar
Jedi Order

Superman - Action Comics (Bendis) Volume 1: Invisible Mafia - Issues 1001-1006 - (4/10)

Superman - Action Comics (Bendis) Volume 2: Leviathan Rising - Issues 1007-1011 + Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 - (5/10)

Story went everywhere and nowhere. I generally like Bendis but I wasn't able to resonate with these trade collections at all. I can't remember the last time I've read a 12 issue run which seemed to drag on forever, accomplish so little, and leave me feeling as flat. Is this run actually doing well?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:56 AM   #590
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Superman - Action Comics (Bendis) Volume 1: Invisible Mafia - Issues 1001-1006 - (4/10)

Superman - Action Comics (Bendis) Volume 2: Leviathan Rising - Issues 1007-1011 + Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 - (5/10)

Story went everywhere and nowhere. I generally like Bendis but I wasn't able to resonate with these trade collections at all. I can't remember the last time I've read a 12 issue run which seemed to drag on forever, accomplish so little, and leave me feeling as flat. Is this run actually doing well?
Don’t know if it’s doing well, but I’ve been reading Bendis’ run on Superman and Action Comics and you’re absolutely right. Both are going nowhere fast.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote