Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2020, 01:58 AM   #1071
Biggunz
Loki

I think ex will still hang around the but it ain’t much of an exclusive anyway. Would of much preferred another head skulpt
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #1072
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I think ex will still hang around the but it ain’t much of an exclusive anyway. Would of much preferred another head skulpt
yea..but I'm still on the wait list and no results yet
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #1073
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really want this piece, but its so damn pricey. I really wish we could jump back to the $400 base PF price point.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #1074
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I really want this piece, but its so damn pricey. I really wish we could jump back to the $400 base PF price point.
I was just thinking the same earlier today. Back in those days I wanted so may characters. If they made Kl'rt the Super Skull I would've bought him lol. Now, most of these aren't worth it.

In hindsight if these were still $400 I'd likely have way too may by now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #1075
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I agree with the price, would be nice if they were cheaper, but seriously look at the quality difference now vs back then. Its more money but worth it. Look at the x-men line now vs the old x-men. Ewww. Plus i think some of the extra money is going into better bases. Again older statues didn’t really seem to have that interesting of bases. Mostly just plain black bases.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #1076
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Yah it’s damn expensive. I was able to get the reg & $1200 CAD cash for my TMNt comiquette Ex set. Didn’t want to part with it but I have the other TMNt set by ssc.

Even if I didn’t do that deal, I would probably gotten it using reward points... but in hindsight, it was probably good I didn’t. I intent to use those reward points on Silver Surfer which I know will be very expensive.

This Cable however is probably one of SSC very best sculpt to date. It’s very impressive minus the portals.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:38 PM   #1077
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I agree with the price, would be nice if they were cheaper, but seriously look at the quality difference now vs back then. Its more money but worth it. Look at the x-men line now vs the old x-men. Ewww. Plus i think some of the extra money is going into better bases. Again older statues didn’t really seem to have that interesting of bases. Mostly just plain black bases.
I do not the ink the quality has significantly changed from $400 base PF to now. I’m thinking when Hulk PF was what 550? Cap was 400. Thor was 465. Something like that. Quality was right there.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #1078
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yah it’s damn expensive. I was able to get the reg & $1200 CAD cash for my TMNt comiquette Ex set. Didn’t want to part with it but I have the other TMNt set by ssc.

Even if I didn’t do that deal, I would probably gotten it using reward points... but in hindsight, it was probably good I didn’t. I intent to use those reward points on Silver Surfer which I know will be very expensive.

This Cable however is probably one of SSC very best sculpt to date. It’s very impressive minus the portals.
That’s why I’ve held off so far. Hoping I can get the surfer. But these $1200 single statue price points are ludicrous haha
Old 05-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #1079
srttoz
Mephisto

It is pricey but let me tell you the size of thing is massive. Comparing it to something like the new Wolverine PF which is great but what was it like $570? It's about half the size.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:42 PM   #1080
savage.CAP

The 10% off trick doesnt work any more huh?