Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 11:42 PM   #751
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah this looks great and so does XM, great time to be collecting except for brexit
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:46 PM   #752
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
While we're on the topic of XM statues, I would have to be paid to own XM's Kraven.
I guess you wont own kraven then?

I think the sideshow venom looks great, not a huge fan of the base..., and i think the left leg looks a little awkward. But a coh could go a long way on this. And i really do think they should have gone with a similar base to carnage instead of the "smoke". I think the smoke looks great on spiderman and goblin, just not working for me on this one.

But i never got the venom com....so having two venoms might not be the worst thing in the world
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:05 AM   #753
ambasah
Red Skull

I really like everything about this statue except the smoke on the base.

A big thumbs up to SS from me for creating something so...creative : )
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:09 AM   #754
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
To everyone comparing SS to XM, please keep things in perspective.
XM is twice the price.
And not sold here.
And requires insane shipping.
And middlemen resellers from Singapore who all charge handling.
And if you don't like what you get, well...

So let's keep things grounded. If you prefer pictures of XM concept art please pay $600 more and roll the dice. I personally don't think XM pieces merit the hassle and markup over SS where I get peace of mind and great quality regardless.

This Venom looks amazing,and I would buy the SS Venom and Carnage combined before buying the XM standalone venom as they'll probably run around the same cost. Perhaps that should be more what people are comparing...
Question, aren't XM pieces digitally sculpted and most all SS pieces hand sculpted?
My one gripe with XM is the sculpts, especially the faces, is that they have lack soul. Sure they make all sorts of great characters SS doesn't (at the moment), but other than that I don't get the craze. I really like the Vulture that is coming out and Pheonix is really cool in person. So I am not bias to say they don't make pretty pieces. But to compare to sideshow imo is insane. SS is king. They just have to flex and make more characters. NOW
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:33 AM   #755
Igo
Producer
Producer

Man… I love THAT ONE Venom that one guy did, WAY more than that other one... But that one over there is cool too! But man, THAT ONE… so glad / wish I had THAT one!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #756
Parallax
Nightwing

Igo's getting cheeky
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #757
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Man… I love THAT ONE Venom that one guy did, WAY more than that other one... But that one over there is cool too! But man, THAT ONE… so glad / wish I had THAT one!
Its too bad things just cant be appreciated for what they are. Kudos to you and your team again, venom looks boss
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:55 AM   #758
Parallax
Nightwing

The only reason I'm unsure about getting Venom is because Carnage is so good and I don't know if I can afford both.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #759
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We are adding a touch more gloss to the paint when he comes back. We've had issues glossing something before a show, and the packaging messing it up... so we held back and he'll get a touch of gloss when he's back in studio.
Can't wait to see this. Not too big on this amount of texture, I always imagined Venom more thick liquidy and smoother, but more gloss sounds good.

Any chance of a smooth "classic style" variant? The unpainted pic we saw months ago didn't look as textured as what we're seeing now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:17 AM   #760
Parallax
Nightwing

The texture and paint is definitely what's turning me off of the piece. He looks like a dried up prune where I'd expect Venom to be a nice juicy plum. Carnage's tendrils look like legit symbiote. The shine of the paint makes them just look thick and gooey and gross, which is what the symbiote should look like. I've always pictured Venom as more of a smooth, sleek, and goopy symbiote while Carnage was the crazy out of control look. The Carnage premium format hits the nail on the head, but Venom just looks too dried up. Hopefully the gloss coat does more for him. Maybe some pearlescent black and blue would bring out the goop look better.