Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-28-2024, 10:46 PM   #61
azurepred
Zot

Damn, so the freaking bases actually come apart, but they didn't want to sell Spidey separately? Unbelievable!
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:15 PM   #62
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I would've definitely bought this Spidey solo. I don't know what the people at Queen are thinking. For such a struggling statue market, one would think giving collectors options would be the way to go.
Quote:
Damn, so the freaking bases actually come apart, but they didn't want to sell Spidey separately? Unbelievable!
Yep, seems rather silly, an unforced error on Queen's part.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:50 PM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Ok that Venom is Huge..almost 30 inches tall.
Granted he is gigantic, but prices are getting insane, this Hobby we love is no longer a Hobby at these prices, it?s a second mortgage.
I think the price is somewhat reasonable at $1,515 USD. Just think, Sideshows Thanos on Throne was $1,200 USD, and that’s from a budget friendly manufacturer from almost a lifetime ago in statue years. If only the Venom was as palatable as that particular piece….

We all should just be greatfull that it’s not priced like Queen’s other recent piece I’m about to preorder. Their Hulk is $4,400 for a single statue, that’s about the same size as this Venom.

This is about a 1/3 of it’s price, but for two characters!
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 12:27 PM   #64
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like the Spider-Man with small eyes. They should sell it separately.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:29 PM   #65
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Makes as much sense as when QS made Civil War Spidey without a removable Cap shield arm..
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:32 AM   #66
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Makes as much sense as when QS made Civil War Spidey without a removable Cap shield arm..
Well it was literally scene specific.

It’s just like their two Captain America pieces with Mjolnir that I have. I love it, but others still made the same complaint. Which I didn’t always get, given that it seemed that most who had purchased the Iron Studios 1:4 Endgame version and posted photos of the piece in their collections almost always had it holding Mjolnir. Even months or years later.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 02:14 AM   #67
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I was one of those complaining about that as well, but like Phoenix said, it was very scene specific. I feel like this diorama is more egregious because more people seem to like the Spider-man over the Venom. I'd buy it separately, but won't be forced to buy a ugly Venom just to get it. QS is turning into one of the most annoying companies out there for me personally.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote