Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #1071
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

Cancelled mine from Amazon.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1072
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

It's a real shame. I was really going to get behind GG as a company, in spite of delays and in spite of the insane pricing, but this whole episode has reinforced my belief that they are really no better than SS and no more deserving of my patronage. Still, if they don't want the money then there are thankfully loads more companies out there looking for market share.

I just hope that if things go bad for GG down the road they won't blame anyone but themselves!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #1073
Graven Gorasd
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It's a real shame. I was really going to get behind GG as a company, in spite of delays and in spite of the insane pricing, but this whole episode has reinforced my belief that they are really no better than SS and no more deserving of my patronage. Still, if they don't want the money then there are thankfully loads more companies out there looking for market share.

I just hope that if things go bad for GG down the road they won't blame anyone but themselves!
What is really turning me off about statue collecting and my other hobbies in general is dealer side allocation. I went and ordered it from the dealer that I bought a bunch of my quarter scale statues from. Now it's wait and see. I still don't believe lucky's price point. Doesn't seem as intricate as Whisper & Derby. So far I have a Whisper, Artemisia, Black Widow on order produced by GG and a Red Sonja and Wonder Woman by Sideshow. Love to order Derby and Lucky but will need to sell some stuff.
Graven Gorasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #1074
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
As long as they come out near perfect I don't mind the wait. Besides I'm still building my custom display cases so I don't have anywhere to put them if they did come out right now..
Agreed.

The wait has certainly been long, but I'm still hanging in there. Honestly, as long as Whisper comes out perfect, I don't mind saving a little money month-to-month. To say that GG is no better than SS, I'm not at all behind. Quality being the #1 difference. I'm so worried that Wonder Woman will come out wrong and all we'll be given is a lousy credit or return option. GG knocked Sucker Punch out of the park, and they haven't given me reason to doubt their QC.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #1075
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What's the new date that has you guys upset? Is it strange that the variant was released almost a year ago and the regular still isn't out. I take it the release date must be after SDCC...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #1076
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

When I compared GG to SS, it wasn't about QC, it's more to do with corporate attitude. I could list a number of complaints about how the company interfaces with its supporters, but what's the point? If you guys are happy with delays, high prices, no ES notification, etc etc.....then hey, have at it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:37 AM   #1077
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
When I compared GG to SS, it wasn't about QC, it's more to do with corporate attitude. I could list a number of complaints about how the company interfaces with its supporters, but what's the point? If you guys are happy with delays, high prices, no ES notification, etc etc.....then hey, have at it.
Not worried about ES, given the price point and unfamiliarity with the characters of this line I doubt it's going to be very high.

As for price, well I personally have no problems paying $150-$200 extra for a high quality statue. IMO the details on the Honey Trap line is second to none...

As for the wait, it is what it is, I rather them perfect the statue then rush it and have lots of QC issues... besides I think SS still has the record for the longest delays..... cough cough Superman PF cough cough
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #1078
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I'm with you guys. Let them get Whisper to look just as it did at SDCC. I know they can. Never mind the delays. I probably can't handle it if she did ship now anyway with PCS' delays now shipping at the same time.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #1079
built2shred
Phoenix

To be honest I would probably be more impatient about the Honey Trap Line if I didn't already have so many statues that I had to pay for this year... I also decided to jump into SS 12" Star Wars Doll line and just spent $1700 playing catch up plus another $2200 on pre-orders for the rest, Plus I got to finish paying off Megatron & Optimus... So it really won't bother me if these Honey Trap statues didn't come out until sometime next year.... So if it wasn't for that I would probably be more frustrated about it like Silas Loki...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #1080
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't care how long it takes, I think in the end, once it's in my collection the wait will be worth it, I don't want to pass on this because of a delay and then regret it once I see pictures.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote