Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #271
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I really want to like it, but the head doesn't look like the Superman I grew up reading, and he's much more bulky than a classic Supes. I understand that's how Lee drew him, though.

With all that in mind, I keep coming back to this thread, again and again.
Same. I've been pretty vocal about not liking the face or bulkiness of this, but even I have to admit that the adjustments make it MUCH better. And the sculpted cape is a big win. It's a good thing I still really don't like the face or I'd be in trouble. If there's an awesome head sculpt we haven't seen yet I may have a problem.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #272
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Sculpted all the way. I just wish Prime 1 would hurry up and take my money.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #273
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Sculpted all the way. I just wish Prime 1 would hurry up and take my money.
+1
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:44 PM   #274
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Same. I've been pretty vocal about not liking the face or bulkiness of this, but even I have to admit that the adjustments make it MUCH better. And the sculpted cape is a big win. It's a good thing I still really don't like the face or I'd be in trouble. If there's an awesome head sculpt we haven't seen yet I may have a problem.
There is another 2 head sculpts coming out so don't count your lucky starts yet lol.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:04 PM   #275
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If I'm understanding this correctly, there will be 2 separate Superman versions up for order with the only differences being a sculpted cape on one and fabric for the other? And this is because of the design elements to incorporate each?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:08 PM   #276
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly, there will be 2 separate Superman versions up for order with the only differences being a sculpted cape on one and fabric for the other? And this is because of the design elements to incorporate each?
Correct. The keying is different for each.

I'm actually surprised that it's the only difference. Unless it's a very light sculpted cape, is that large cape really not going to affect the balance of the statue?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #277
Indomitus

Quote:
Correct. The keying is different for each.

I'm actually surprised that it's the only difference. Unless it's a very light sculpted cape, is that large cape really not going to affect the balance of the statue?
Thanks for confirming!

For balance, let's not forget Prime 1 Batman TDKR's has sculpted cape and so does the new Batman Hush. We are really in some new territory but if you look at Prime 1 pieces they truly have some engineering marvels with the likes of P1 Spiderman 2099 (only 2 small contact points on his feet, P1 Superman (flying effect), P1 Green Lantern (2 contact points on frozen jello), and I would even give creds to Sideshows Amazing Spider-Man and Deadpool PF. These are only ones I have seen and I'm sure more people can offer up others.

Any comments for those that saw Superman Hush at the shows?
Old 02-28-2018, 05:26 PM   #278
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Thanks for confirming!

For balance, let's not forget Prime 1 Batman TDKR's has sculpted cape and so does the new Batman Hush. We are really in some new territory but if you look at Prime 1 pieces they truly have some engineering marvels with the likes of P1 Spiderman 2099 (only 2 small contact points on his feet, P1 Superman (flying effect), P1 Green Lantern (2 contact points on frozen jello), and I would even give creds to Sideshows Amazing Spider-Man and Deadpool PF. These are only ones I have seen and I'm sure more people can offer up others.

Any comments for those that saw Superman Hush at the shows?
I get that, but the statues that you mentioned were engineered from day one to have a sculpted cape. This one wasn't. If you own a statue with a fabric cape, imagine adding a sculpted cape to it and what that might do to the balance of the piece. I'm just wondering what's countering the added weight of a cape that sweeps to one side like it does with Hush Supes.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #279
Indomitus

Quote:
I get that, but the statues that you mentioned were engineered from day one to have a sculpted cape. This one wasn't. If you own a statue with a fabric cape, imagine adding a sculpted cape to it and what that might do to the balance of the piece. I'm just wondering what's countering the added weight of a cape that sweeps to one side like it does with Hush Supes.
This assumes that during the development process a sculpted cape was not considered but I have no idea.

For $1K+, I wouldn't assume anything and hope Prime 1 or someone who knows chimes in.

I agree with you a valid concern.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #280
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:

Perhaps it only down to the size, weight, and footprint of these large bases Prime1 has on their pieces , to counter the added weight ?
ovp3664 is online now   Reply With Quote