Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #71
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
This is still THE Superman for me, and if Prime 1 makes the head a little bigger, then it'll be that much better. I enlarged the head by 15% in Photoshop and if Prime 1 makes a slight tweak, I think it'll be perfectly proportioned.
Yup, looks absolutely incredible despite the fact I hate fabric.

Your Photoshop looks so damn good, it is making me re-think my 'no 1/3 scale.' I think if they truly fix the head to look more like your pic, this will be THE best Superman statue ever produced.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #72
Askani81
The Herculoids

I think Kelvin stated in facebook that the cape is fabric due to the concern of the effect of the cape's weight. So that means the cape will not be changed.
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #73
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani81 View Post
I think Kelvin stated in facebook that the cape is fabric due to the concern of the effect of the cape's weight. So that means the cape will not be changed.
He did say that, but it still looks odd to me. And why no concern about Batman's sculpted cape?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #74
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
They could easily make the cape out of Fiberglass (which is very light weight) which would look 100x's better then fabric. The problem with fabric is unless you steam it you will have wrinkles you can't get rid of. And even then it can take several hours tweaking the cape to try to get that perfect look.

The sculpt of Superman himself looks great, I'm not crazy about the symbolism of the angel statues on his base implying that he's Jesus or something.... looks a bit odd unless it's just an coincidence that's he's floating above a church.. Usually the whole statue and gothic stuff is Batmans forte not Supermans.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #75
Askani81
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
He did say that, but it still looks odd to me. And why no concern about Batman's sculpted cape?
It does look odd but i guess they dont want to take the risk because Sups is in flight and not to mention it is 1/3 scale. Bats on the other hand is quite grounded with his feet apart.
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #76
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
It does look odd but i guess they dont want to take the risk because Sups is in flight and not to mention it is 1/3 scale. Bats on the other hand is quite grounded with his feet apart.
But Bats cape is windswept off to one side. Seems like it should be as much a consideration for him as Supes.

Not to pile on, but I'm also not crazy about the portrait, even if they do correct its size. He looks kind of rough and tumble, not how I envision Supes...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #77
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yup, looks absolutely incredible despite the fact I hate fabric.

Your Photoshop looks so damn good, it is making me re-think my 'no 1/3 scale.' I think if they truly fix the head to look more like your pic, this will be THE best Superman statue ever produced.
THANK YOU sir! I have to admit that I am being overly bias on this statue because of how much I enjoy Jim Lee's art. I understand some of the valid concerns that many collectors have but to me, this is STILL the Superman statue to own. I have the Sideshow PF as well and although I like the sculpted cape on that one, this Hush Superman with the fabric cape doesn't necessarily bother me that much (Again, maybe because I'm being overly bias Lol).

I have a couple 1/3 scales already and several more on PO. I really enjoy the amount of details on this size. Of course space is a big factor but I limit myself to the ones I REALLY WANT! I can't wait for this to go up on PO.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #78
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
This is still THE Superman for me, and if Prime 1 makes the head a little bigger, then it'll be that much better. I enlarged the head by 15% in Photoshop and if Prime 1 makes a slight tweak, I think it'll be perfectly proportioned.
this does look a lot better even with the fabric cape

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #79
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Both of Batman's feet are planted on the base and a large portion of his body [and the statues weight] is leaning forward thus countering the weight of the sculpted cape.

Superman is attached to the base by only his right foot and because he's standing straight up there's no way to counter the weight of a polystone cape. The solution, as already mentioned, would be a lightweight fibreglass cape.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #80
SONICobra
Batman

I believe part of batmans cape actually rests on the base, you cant see it because its behind the gargoyle
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote