Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #131
Mister H
Gen 13

If Hal was on that meteor, in that pose, with those colors, with no missile system, it would be an instant buy for me. The extra stuff is just going to make it cost more and be problematic down the road and it doesn't even create the effect it's supposed to. I give them points for trying something grandiose but it didn't really work.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #132
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
If Hal was on that meteor, in that pose, with those colors, with no missile system, it would be an instant buy for me. The extra stuff is just going to make it cost more and be problematic down the road and it doesn't even create the effect it's supposed to. I give them points for trying something grandiose but it didn't really work.
I think it just remove the actual missiles it will still be awesome. They are unnecessary and look very fragile.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #133
TB-303
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamboni View Post
899 sgd, same as Harley.
Ridiculous price.
599 SGD for Green Lantern + 300 SGD for this constructs with plastic toy look.
I'm really glad I didn't start collecting this 1/6 line.
TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #134
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I think it just remove the actual missiles it will still be awesome. They are unnecessary and look very fragile.
That would definitely help. I agree with some other fellas that the missile launchers obscure Hal a little too much. I would love to have a construct in there but I just don't want it to cover up that sculpt of Hal because that looks really good.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #135
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

The combination of ever-increasing prices and increasing frequency of the statues being released,judging by the increasing pace of these 1/6 statues being put up for pre-order, means i'm now dropping out of purchasing them.

Really disappointing for me but it is what it is.

Darkseid was always going to be expensive due to the size of the character and XM saying it was basically 1/4 size,but I never thought the Lobo,Harley Quinn and Green Lantern characters would be the prices they are.

TB-303 you were smarter than me : )
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #136
Slamboni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
The combination of ever-increasing prices and increasing frequency of the statues being released,judging by the increasing pace of these 1/6 statues being put up for pre-order, means i'm now dropping out of purchasing them.
I feel the same way. I wasn't expecting so many of these pieces to be as expensive as they are. I preordered Lobo but I think I'm done.
Slamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #137
Mister H
Gen 13

899 sgd? That’s about $653.........no thanks, I’m out.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #138
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Slamboni,

I actually hovered over the pre-order button on the XM website for Lobo late yesterday,but I could see me having financial problems down the line if I continued buying these so I bailed when it came to payment.

It's a great statue..i'm sure you'll be happy when he arrives : )
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #139
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Ridiculous price, nothing about this says 650$. The construct is literally painted all green, honestly a simple paint up all around but some would say the price is in the paint detail and parts lol, yeah ok.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #140
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
They should have not included the missiles at all. Not only are they completely unnecessary considering the large amount of guns/weapons, but the smoke being the same color takes away from the impact.

I love this statue, but I don't think it justifies being more than Aquaman or Flash...probably going to pass.
It's a construct so the smoke would be the same color... They did make the switch to normal resin because the translucent resin was starting to bend over time. Hopefully the normal resin won't do it but it's always a risk..

I will say that one picture looking straight at it does look rather epic....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote