Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-03-2021, 07:27 AM   #111
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

$1900 shipping for the set to the UK and that price is likely to rise by the time it ships lol...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:02 AM   #112
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
You hit the bullseye on why I went with Prime 1. I'd much rather pay smaller payments for a longer period of time ( 15 > 8 any day of the week), Prime 1 gives you the shipping cost immediately, and although I only ordered one item from their site, the package arrived in great condition.
Exactly! The quote to ship the diorama to Florida was : Economy $754 and Standard: $1196 ! I chose the Economy lol ... Shipping timeframe is 1-3 months for economy and 1-3 weeks for Standard ....
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:00 PM   #113
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So some people with shipping are looking at about 10k for the set? Wow, really scummy imo prime 1.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:29 PM   #114
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
So some people with shipping are looking at about 10k for the set? Wow, really scummy imo prime 1.
Damn that’s pricey. Those with the option should order from a local vendor. If I was willing I’m able to source this locally for $7,800 AUD shipped, which is about $6,000 USD.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #115
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Damn that’s pricey. Those with the option should order from a local vendor. If I was willing I’m able to source this locally for $7,800 AUD shipped, which is about $6,000 USD.
Haha yeah I noticed that too being in Australia. Doesn't make sense since it's $5700 USD and local AUD is $7800 shipped, yet that same store also has the Big Game JH priced at exactly double the USD price, AUD 3.3k and 3k, DX and standard respectively. If they applied the same pricing model to Kong/Godzilla combo it'd be 10-11k AUD!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:33 PM   #116
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Haha yeah I noticed that too being in Australia. Doesn't make sense since it's $5700 USD and local AUD is $7800 shipped, yet that same store also has the Big Game JH priced at exactly double the USD price, AUD 3.3k and 3k, DX and standard respectively. If they applied the same pricing model to Kong/Godzilla combo it'd be 10-11k AUD!
Almost makes me want to preorder the piece.

If it were an MCU/DC/Star Wars diorama I would definitely be in trouble.

But with regards to the store, I’ve noticed other pieces where it’s the same price ratio as this piece and others it’s like you’ve stated. There’s no rhyme or reason.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:14 PM   #117
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Official response about the crazy price. Reminds me of Sideshow and the Deadpool PF, that didn't slow them down...

"J wishes to convey his apology for the price of the Godzilla Vs Kong diorama. He has tried sourcing a few factories to get a cheaper cost but the factory quotes were still high due to the many details of the buildings. The time required to paint the details ie each window has to be painted individually, the led lights effect has to be set up separately and the paint job for the buildings has increased the manpower cost to produce the middle section of the diorama. J said he did try but the cost to produce the middle section is as high as producing Godzilla or Kong. So J hope to clarify the matter and apologies for the pricing."
I don't believe this pr bs for a second, everytime there's a massive price hike from one of these companies they say "oh haha woopsie umm dunno what happened nothing we can do haha" but obviously when the concept was being discussed the price issue came up and they instead of reworking the design (the base, lights, selling the the city base separately,etc) they said " f it, these people will buy whatever we crap out at whatever price we decide". There's going to soon come a time where 50-70% of collectors are priced out and this hobby will exclusively ,even tho sort of already is , be for the rich hoarding and selling back on the third market at an even higher price. Even tho I can afford to pick up some super over priced pieces I almost feel embarrassed to do it now. I know it's hypocritical to complain but never complaining about this is worse.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #118
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I don't believe this pr bs for a second, everytime there's a massive price hike from one of these companies they say "oh haha woopsie umm dunno what happened nothing we can do haha" but obviously when the concept was being discussed the price issue came up and they instead of reworking the design (the base, lights, selling the the city base separately,etc) they said " f it, these people will buy whatever we crap out at whatever price we decide". There's going to soon come a time where 50-70% of collectors are priced out and this hobby will exclusively ,even tho sort of already is , be for the rich hoarding and selling back on the third market at an even higher price. Even tho I can afford to pick up some super over priced pieces I almost feel embarrassed to do it now. I know it's hypocritical to complain but never complaining about this is worse.

There is a very simple solution. If you think they are taking the biscuit, don't buy it. Sales are the only thing which will ultimately affect future pricing strategies. I can't see this selling like hot cakes, but who knows. There seems to be a lot of very wealthy people out there.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #119
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Aftermarket values don't just go up indefinitely when there is no one left to buy. Are there enough wealthy buyers to hit the minimum production numbers? Statue makers still need the median collector to keep the lights on.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:02 PM   #120
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
People having been complaining about pricing and about being priced out of the hobby since I started collecting in 2015. And as much as we may hate it, it sometimes appears that for everyone collector who stops they’re quickly replaced by even more. People still talk about premium formats being $200 and now they’re in the $600 to $1,200 range.