Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #2211
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think these 1/6 from Chronicle were canceled, but you can see the colors, pattern, and edges are far more accurate,and nothing like a kabuki/KISS band member. PCS was never going to fix anything past the production sample phase, that's just their MO.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #2212
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Love the PCS Conan! Just wish they didn’t paint the white so heavy, it just buries all the flesh color (which was a lot more prominent in the movie) the white should have been painted with a more faded look, the dark paint could have been more movie accurate, the photo comparison shows how off it is. Yet still glad I got one on order.

warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #2213
Enomis
Blue Falcon

I'm happy for the "beach" version, now I have my fingers crossed for the shipment
The "War paint" version seems too "zombie version" to me, most likely due to the Cyan-Tone of the skin, but the hair sculpt and the belt look very cool!
Enomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #2214
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm very happy to be getting both pieces. I think the war paint version looks great, but the inaccurate paint job has begun to bug me a bit. I don't normally like to mess with production pieces, but I might end up having it repainted. It's just too nice a piece not to have it look as great as possible. The right way to have achieved the proper skin color would have been to paint it flesh and just do a wash with white paint. I know that's an extra step, but a wash takes very little time since you're almost just hitting it with some water. I really don't know what to say about the messed up black pattern. Not sure how they got that so wrong.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #2215
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I'm very happy to be getting both pieces. I think the war paint version looks great, but the inaccurate paint job has begun to bug me a bit. I don't normally like to mess with production pieces, but I might end up having it repainted. It's just too nice a piece not to have it look as great as possible.
Bugs the heck out of me, canceling mine.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #2216
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Bugs the heck out of me, canceling mine.
Will they still let us cancel even if we've already paid in full + shipping?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #2217
FJC
Midnighter

The war paint version is such a wicked looking sculpt. It's really a shame that they botched the paint job. I don't really collect 1/3 statues (no room for them) so I'm hoping that PCS makes a 1/4 version of a war paint Conan someday. Hopefully, they get the paint job right on that piece. If so, I'm all in on that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #2218
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Will they still let us cancel even if we've already paid in full + shipping?
Yes you can and we should get the non refundable fee back since they didn’t change the paint job when they said they would, not to mention the delay. Not cool after we waited so long...i just don’t get it. We want accuracy.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #2219
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Your right that doesn't look like Conan at All.Who is he?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #2220
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Anxiously waiting to add these both to my collection. Looking to dump my SS Arnold when these bad boys arrive.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote