Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Post The Official Sequential Treasures Thread!

Hey everyone! Who or what is Sequential Treasures you may ask?

Well, Sequential Treasures: Comic Art Sales is dedicated to bringing you some of the best in original comic art, from both well known industry pros and talented up-and-comers, while providing the best service on the web! Featuring the represented talents of Mick Gray, Richard Moore, Matt Haley, Randy "Rantz" Kintz, Ben Hansen, Mike Vosburg and Jason Craig, we are continually growing and adding on more and more diverse product and artistic styles. Let Sequential Treasures be your gateway into the wonderful realm of comic book art.

I'll be using this thread to keep you informed on all the lastest news and info regarding our array of talents, as well as let you know about upcoming works in comics from them, where they will be making appearences and, most importantly, when new art from them is available to purchase. We'd also like to hear your thoughts, as well, so feel free to use this as a forum to let us know about your questions and feelings on Sequential Treasures and her stable of talented artists.

So, let's get things started off with the art update from yesterday, which features an awesome cover piece by Randy Kintz, as well as a nice batch of pages from Mick Gray (featuring his work on Batman and Robin, Brightest Day, Jonah Hex and more). And best of all, any order for $150.00 or more of art gets FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the world!

Well, that's all for now. But make sure to keep tabs on our art gallery, as more new art is on the way. I'll be back soon with more news and info for you all. Until then, peace out!

James Meeley
Sequential Treasures: Comic Art Sales
Meeley Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 AM   #2
Royd
Producer
Producer

Welcome James! Another (fellow) art pimp finds his way to the SF boards
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Thought everyone would enjoy checking out a new piece done by one of the many talented artists I work with. This one is by the illustrious Ben Hansen. If you are a child of the 80's, as I am, I'm sure you'll all recognize Mighty Orbots! Enjoy!

Mighty Orbots!

And don't forget, we have lots of great art for sale from Ben right now. So, you can get something just as cool for yourself.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that, if you have a Facebook account, make sure to "like" Sequential Treasures page there. I actually put up some special info and images, that you won't see anywhere else there. Right now, I've just added several "sneak peek" images of the upcoming Batman and Robin #1, featuring the artistic power of Patrick Gleason and Mick Gray. You should check it out, if you can.

More new art is on the way, so expect another update of new art for sale in the near future. That's it for now. Peace out!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hey everyone! While Labor Day is usually one for rest and relaxation, those of us at Sequential Treasures are doing some actual labor and bringing you some new art for sale.

In this update, we have several new pin-ups from Ben Hansen, featuring characters for the Transformers, B.P.R.D., and a cool zobmie-styled Batman. We, also, have a very sweet pin-up of Ms.Marvel by the one-and-only Mike Vosburg! Stop by our comic art gallery and check them out. We'll be standing by to receive your orders.

That's all for now, but we'll be back with more before you know it. Until then, peace out!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hey folks! There's lots of activity coming out of Sequential Treasures right now. Here's the latest news:
  • Batman and Robin #1 (featuring the inks of Mick Gray) hits shops Wednesday
  • Randy Kintz's new work from Darkbrain Comics hits the web this week
  • Sneak peek at Ben Hansen's upcoming work from Moonstone Comics on our Facebook page

So, to get all the details on this stuff (and links to even more info) just check out the new blog entry.

Make sure to let us know what you think about all this news (or anything else relating to Sequential Treasures). We're always happy to hear from you.

Until next time, peace out!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hello everyone!

Some big news for you all today. Sequential Treasures has just added almost 40 pages of new art for sale from artost Richard Moore. These are the page sets to two complete issues, as well. But the biggest news, is the titles they are from.

First is the complete 17 pages to Chip: Second Crack #3, while the rest are the complete 22 pages to issue #2 of Richard's most beloved series: Boneyard! I've been asked many time when interiors from Boneyard would be avilable to buy and that time has now come.

You can check out all these new additions right here. But get your orders placed quickly, as I expect the best pages to go fast. Also, don't forget, that any order of art for $150.00 or more gets FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the world!

That's all for now, but I have more on the way. I'm expecting more new art before the end of the week and also have news about some more upcoming new works due to be released, as well as some conventions appearences. So, things aren't slowing down in the least around here. Be sure to keep checking in here (as well as let us know what you are thinking about these things). Until next time, peace out!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hello folks! Well, I'm back again with more news, info and new art for sale. Things are really moving around Sequential Treasures HQ, so let's get right to the good stuff:

First off, we've just added several new pieces of art for sale from artist Mike Vosburg. We have four new pin-ups (featuring Vampirella, Red Sonja, Dejah Thoris and more. As if that wasn't enough, we also have three new published pages of Mike's creation, Lori Lovecraft. The links provided will take you to the pieces. Place an order, if you see something you like. It's all good stuff!

Next, I wanted to let you all know that Richard Moore's latest efforts will be hitting the comic shops tomorrow. Gobs #2, the second issue of his new mini-series from Antarctic Press, come out on Wednesday. Those of you who've read past efforts from Richard know that the humor and drama will be in rare form. Make sure to look for it, when you go to pick up your weekly stash.

And lastly, I have some convention news for all of you. This weekend, it will pay to be a west coaster. For Randy Kintz, Ben Hansen and I will all be at the Jet City Comic Show in Seattle, WA this Saturday, while Richard Moore and Mick Gray will be at the Sac-Con in Sacramento, CA on Sunday. So, it's a weekend of meet and greet with Sequential Treasures and much of her artistic roster. If you can make either of these shows, please do as we're always happy to talk to the fans. Link to the shows websites have been provided, so you can get all the details.

Whew! It sure is a busy time for all of us here, but that's the way we like it. That's all the news I have for you right now. I'm sure I'll be back soon, though, with even more. So, until then, peace out!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hey there, my faithful art fans. Time to once again give you all the latest scoop on the happening around the Sequential Treasures home base.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of those who came out to see us at the Jet City Comic Show last Saturday. I'd like to, really, but folks would have had to show up for me to do that. This was probably just about the worst attended show I've ever seen. There were more vendors and artists walking the floor than fans. Needless to say Sequential Treasures will NOT be making an return engagement there. Maybe the show's creators should make sure people actually will show up to the event, before they host it.

Be that as it may, it still hasn't slowed down our own plans. As since October is soon upon us, so is another event that has become a mainstay for us: The Marla Bea Breast Cancer Benefit. For those of you not familiar, a friend of mine start up this benefit a couple years ago, to help raise money to fight breast cancer. He uses donated original pieces of art, from many generous artists, and auctions them off with all the proceeds going to a research center in Iowa that is working for a cure to breast cancer. He does it in October, as that is also breast cancer awareness month.

Those of us who are a part of Sequential Treasures have always helped out in years past and this year in no different. Several of our artists have donated an original piece for the cause. Here's a list of this year's pieces:
  • Arcee (from the Transformers) by artist Ben Hansen
  • Dagger by Mike Vosburg
  • Poison Ivy by Randy "Rantz" Kintz
  • Spider-Woman by Matt Haley

You can see all of the art pieces our artists listed above donated on our Facebook page. You can learn more about the benefit, as well as all the other artists who are donating to this worthy cause at their website. The auctions will be starting on October 12th and can be found at this eBay account. Please, do your part and help to support a very worthwhile benefit.

Well, that's all for now. But there is more coming down the pipeline, as we swing into the final months of 2011. Make sure to stay tuned here, as these things develop. Until next time, peace out!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Meeley Man
Kindly Asked To Leave
Producer

Hey there, everyone! We're back with more upcoming news for all your Sequential Treasures followers and some other bits of interest. So, strap in and let's get this show on the road!

This Wednesday sees the release of Batman and Robin #2, featuring the peerless inking of our own Mick Gary, from DC's new 52 reboot. It's father and son action, as Batman and Robin face the new menace of the villainous Nobody. That is, when they aren't verbally sparring with each other. This series was one of the better selling ones from the reboot last month and the reviews on it seem to suggest it is a bit of hit with folks. Here's a sampling of what's being said:

"If you are looking for a Batman book to pick up look no further than Batman and Robin." - Kevin of Comic Book Revolution

"Batman and Robin #1 is well paced book with a small dose of action, great dialogue, a memorable new villain, and great work by the art team." - Andrew Asberry of Batman-News.com

"The storytelling is crisp, punchy and clean—in both words and art—even when they both get pretty dark." - Jonathan Messinger of Time Out Chicago

"Batman & Robin #1 is, so far, one of the best of the New 52 releases." - Iann Robinson of Crave Online

"This issue was enjoyable from beginning to end." - Ben Gilbert of Panels On Pages

"... ultimately this tale is fresh, engaging, and a reason to breathe a sigh of continuity-relief." - Joshua Yehl of IGN

So, what more do you need for me to say? Make sure to pick up your copy of issue #2 at you LCS this week.

Now, I'd like to do a little something different. Art sales have been very light around here of late and it is something that needs to change. However, rather than my usual tact of trying to come up with something to help do that, I'm going to give the floor to you, our consumer base. I'd like to know your thoughts. Is there something we aren't doing, but should? Something we are doing, that we shouldn't? Is there something you'd like to see us doing more of? Or less? Or something we are totally missing the boat on? I don't pretend to have a lock on knowledge around here, so let us know what we can do to make the experience more interesting and enticing for you all. You can post your suggestions here, or at our Facebook page, or drop us an email from our art gallery. We really do value your thoughts, so let us know what you are thinking.

Well, that's it for now, but I'll be back soon with more news and art updates. Until then, peace out!