Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 12:33 AM   #641
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That's true, I don't think Skynet would even exist long enough to advance as far as a T-5000, right? I just really like the design, and whether it should exist or not, I think it does capture a futuristic, "ultimate" Terminator look that they seem to have been going for very well.

I think it's clear that the film will be quite a big disappointment. Just the fact that it's rewriting everything good about the franchise is enough to make me lose interest.

The only things I'm looking forward to from it are Arnold vs Arnold and this new Terminator design. Story wise? Not going to pay attention.

I think after T3 they should have just gone straight to a future war trilogy, based on the flashbacks from T1 and T2, not the desert-like Mad Max future we got in Salvation.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 AM   #642
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
That's true, I don't think Skynet would even exist long enough to advance as far as a T-5000, right? I just really like the design, and whether it should exist or not, I think it does capture a futuristic, "ultimate" Terminator look that they seem to have been going for very well.

I think it's clear that the film will be quite a big disappointment. Just the fact that it's rewriting everything good about the franchise is enough to make me lose interest.

The only things I'm looking forward to from it are Arnold vs Arnold and this new Terminator design. Story wise? Not going to pay attention.

I think after T3 they should have just gone straight to a future war trilogy, based on the flashbacks from T1 and T2, not the desert-like Mad Max future we got in Salvation.
That's basically the only other thing you can really do with Terminator, is for us to witness the war. How many time travel movies can you really do? How many movies can you do with Skynet somehow realizing it's mission failed and to send better more advanced terminators back in time? The war is infinitely more interesting to me than the time traveling for the 4th time, even if I already know how it ends. Salvation touched on it, but they ruined it with terminator giants, terminator motorcycles, and what I can only describe as pointless concentration camps. It's forgettable. And now they're going back to time traveling and Arnold because "nobody liked Terminator Salvation! It's because it wasn't time travel with Arnold!"

But as far as rewriting everything goes, I think I've just now chosen to look at it the Star Trek way: It's a whole nother universe. Everything suddenly makes sense then

I wish there was an acceptable way to do a 1:2 bust of the T-1000. I'd buy it, but would it just be a silver-ish head sitting there? Or something? I can see why it's not a popular choice to recreate by anyone because the basis of it is liquid metal...so you're restricted to choosing a scene of the movie to recreate to create a mental connection to it, rather than just having what appears to be a generic mannequin painted chrome silver.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #643
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

[QUOTE=Enforcer;5042074]
Why does the T-800 or T-850 and whatever else they are calling it even still exist anymore when Skynet has T-1000s and up roaming around?

For the same reason the US Air Force still employs a more than half century old bomber, the B-52, even though it was replaced by the B-1 and that by the B-2. It's a great workhorse and no reason to scrap it when it still can do the job.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #644
jaxon
The Herculoids

Why scrap the t-800 when it can live/last 100 years on its existing power cell?

See what I did there? Very clever, I know.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #645
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
Why scrap the t-800 when it can live/last 100 years on its existing power cell?

See what I did there? Very clever, I know.
Actually, it's 120 years.Not so clever after all, are we?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #646
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

So no one likes 1/2 scale busts? No one buys them?

I think you'll like ours, I'm betting on it....

Paul
Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #647
jaxon
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Actually, it's 120 years.Not so clever after all, are we?
That terminator has been out since 1992, so I cleverly subtracted the difference and rounded up

"Are we learning yet?"
Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #648
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
That terminator has been out since 1992, so I cleverly subtracted the difference and rounded up

"Are we learning yet?"
''The more contact I have with humans, the more I learn''.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #649
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
So no one likes 1/2 scale busts? No one buys them?
I like them and actually prefer them to 1:1. Thing is, I'm more into full statues, so it should be a character I love, which is why I only own one.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #650
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

[QUOTE=rjszar;5042164]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Why does the T-800 or T-850 and whatever else they are calling it even still exist anymore when Skynet has T-1000s and up roaming around?

For the same reason the US Air Force still employs a more than half century old bomber, the B-52, even though it was replaced by the B-1 and that by the B-2. It's a great workhorse and no reason to scrap it when it still can do the job.
That's the real world US Air Force where money is involved and it makes sense. Skynet doesn't operate on money. It has no reason to deploy T-800s anymore, it would be illogical to them as machines. They would perhaps view old tech as a liability with the resistance reprogramming them and all.

A better explanation would be Skynet just hasn't had enough time to replace all of their older models. I actually expanded on this quite a bit but I deleted it. I don't want to further hijack Paul's Ask CC thread. It all comes down to us filling in the gaps as we like it to be filled. I just want the movies to do that for me. It hasn't happened since T2...until now with logical reasoning for Arnold's older appearance. Perhaps they will expand on that and not give us a full blown popcorn movie.

Now as far as this bet on us wanting this secret 1:2 bust goes, we shall see. My interest has peaked...
Closed Thread