Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Unhappy Apparently not getting women justifies killing sprees these days

This weekend there've been two killing sprees -- one successful, one attempted -- by guys who felt their inability to attract women justified murdering as many people as possible.

The first, sadly successful one was committed by a maniac named Elliot Rodger, who'd been posting Youtube videos and writing 140-page manifestos detailing his plans and was the son of one of the guys working on the Hunger Games movies. To say this guy was acting like a comic book villain would be an understatement:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirh...elliot-rodger/

Six people died at his hands; three men stabbed to death, two women and one man fatally shot. Several others injured in various ways until he himself was shot dead.

Then there was the attempted and thankfully failed attack by a loser named Keith Binder:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/2...-sex-with-him/

Is there any other way to describe these guys other than psychotic, stupid, self-entitled, and out of touch with reality?
greenjeans1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

wow, just wow.....

id say out of touch with reality with a dash of psychotic.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

people are sadly so damn stupid and crazy, and lets be honest the kid was rich and had a BMW he would've gotten plenty of ladies had he waited a bit longer
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
people are sadly so damn stupid and crazy, and lets be honest the kid was rich and had a BMW he would've gotten plenty of ladies had he waited a bit longer
Probably not. Rodger's Youtube videos are an exercise in extreme narcissism. He didn't just view women (blondes specifically) as sex objects; he held other men in contempt for (a) not being as rich and "gorgeous" as him and (b) having better lives than he did. I think the real reason he couldn't get girls was because he was a self-entitled creep.

I'm not joking. His videos are still on Youtube, including the final video where he announced his mass-murder plans. If you can stomach it, his insanity is on full display. I'm just baffled that the police brushed it off when his family alerted them to his antics. The videos alone should have been enough to get this guy locked up before anyone had to die.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

unfortunately that's not the world we live in, can't blame the crazy bastard for doing it even when it was obvious well before it happened, it's just a hell of a lot easier to blame the guns after it happens
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This all could have been prevented if only ONE attractive woman took one for the team and gave him a pity screw!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
This all could have been prevented if only ONE attractive woman took one for the team and gave him a pity screw!
It's not that simple.

This guy didn't want to just lose his virginity, he wanted a beautiful woman at his side to prove he was worth something. I guarantee that even if someone gave him a "pity screw", he wouldn't have been satisfied. That's why misogynists like this are so dangerous.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I wish monsters like this didn't exist.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
As narcissistic and insane as this guy was? I don't think any woman in her right mind would have given him the time of day, much less "take one for the team." And even if he'd had sex, he'd have just found something else to focus his hate on. He was that unhinged. (Apparently he was a racist on top of being a sexist.)

I will say this much: I don't think misogyny is the full cause of his actions. It's certainly a factor and shouldn't be ignored, but Rodger had way more mental issues at play here. The social media morons cheering him on and proclaiming him a hero? Those guys I'd classify as misogynists. Rodger's insanity was much more and much worse than that.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Don't try to figure out crazy, just doesn't work.
It wasn't about getting with the opposite sex, he was severely mentally ill, and sadly not enough was done about that.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #10
greenjeans1978
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Don't try to figure out crazy, just doesn't work.
It wasn't about getting with the opposite sex, he was severely mentally ill, and sadly not enough was done about that.
I think the saddest part -- aside from the needless deaths and multiple injuries he caused -- is that some people on social media are glorifying him as a hero and using him as a way to shame women into going out with them. That just baffles the hell out of me. Why would you celebrate a homicidal lunatic as an icon of male power? Why would even remotely think his actions should convince women to hook up with you? That would be like if some crazy women were to point to Lorena Bobbitt as a symbol of empowerment and use that as dating leverage. It wouldn't make sense in that context, and it doesn't make sense to use Rodger in that way, either.

Then again, there are people in this world who'll support any evil or questionable cause, so....