Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I've had a couple Captains flee but I hunted them down and killed them. But I do know that sometimes their "skill" is to escape death only to return later so maybe you have been running into a lot of that.

I did that epic arena battle and kept getting ambushed during the battle. Not sure if it was part of the story or if it was just my luck but I had to go through 4-5 Captains - one of which was a Nemesis in order to beat that mission, it was very difficult but also very epic at the same time.
Yeah, I am realizing that now too. It is by design the captains flee and light you, I hunt them down too.

I fought in one arena but don't recall any captains. I think you were just in a bad situation. There are so many captains in this game and they show up at the wrong time.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Yeah, I am realizing that now too. It is by design the captains flee and light you, I hunt them down too.

I fought in one arena but don't recall any captains. I think you were just in a bad situation. There are so many captains in this game and they show up at the wrong time.
The arena battle in the first act, I assume you've played it as I'm really not that far, and you didn't have ANY captains? Oh my god they kept coming at me! Very difficult but rewarding when I finally beat it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #13
MrJones

Finally got to Act 2 this morning (had to wake up early to get some time in) so I can now start building my army. This is the part I was really looking forward to as well. Picking and choosing the soldiers who make the cut.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #14
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

For arenas, just compare and contrast the Strengths VS Weaknesses.

Not sure if difficulty plays a role in the AI fight, but on nemesis and in Champion arena, I had my mid 20s guy fight a low 40s.

While my guy was low level, he wasnt week to anything. The 40 guy was weak to the 20s fire and explosions. My 20 lost like 25% hp max.
One fight I put up a poison guy with a squad VS a higher level weak to poison. He just was constantly dazed due to the poison effect. So he was an easy kill for my lower level guy.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #15
MrJones

Great advice thank you! So their stats and "skills" are weighted heavier than the actual level.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #16
MrJones

Completed that first siege against the fortress and loved it. It was so epic. Can't wait to do it more. Also the fight pits ... ya I get a sick thrill out of those.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #17
PermaGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Great advice thank you! So their stats and "skills" are weighted heavier than the actual level.
Assume so.

Unlike some games with levels, like MMOs, they levels do not seem to be drastic enough to make a difference IF your skills counter theirs.

Now if you are on an even playing field and your opponent is 15 level higher, I assume that you be harder to take down.

But yea, if someone is especially "weak" to something, then that "thing" can do crazy damage.
And obviously, if you have no weakness, then I assume it does basic / normal / average damage.
Then just the other end of the spectrum. If your "strength" is VS something that the opponent can do, then you pretty much negate the effect.
Seen plenty of enemies show they are "fire / poison / frost" proof.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #18
MrJones

Only really explored the 2nd area thoroughly so I don't believe I am too far in the game and already I have lead a siege, defended my fortress, was betrayed, battled 3 captains at once, fought and flown a dragon and battled a Balrog. This game is bloody epic.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #19
PermaGrin

I have yet to get to the Balrog.

I have a habit of sitting in one area collecting everything I can before progressing the story.

Plus Fractured But Whole has taken up most of my gaming time right now.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #20
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I have yet to get to the Balrog.

I have a habit of sitting in one area collecting everything I can before progressing the story.

Plus Fractured But Whole has taken up most of my gaming time right now.
This is what I have been doing as well - hence why I've put in actually a lot of time as far as my gaming goes (probably 15+ hours) and haven't progressed all that far!

South Park looks great. I almost bought that one instead but I still didn't finish the first one