Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #231
iceprince_x
Deadman

I think a reddish and orangey color will also work and makes a sharper contrast with the black and silver costume. I do love how they made this piece.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 AM   #232
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
You have one of the greatest creatures on this planet when it comes to color and you pick brown?
What color would you have picked? I thought Octopus come in various colors...green, gray, pink, brown.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:42 AM   #233
iceprince_x
Deadman

The octopus's camouflage is aided by certain specialized skin cells which can change the apparent color, opacity, and reflectivity of the epidermis. Chromatophores contain yellow, orange, red, brown, or black pigments; most species have three of these colors, while some have two or four.
Octopus - Wikipedia
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #234
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I have no issue with the color of the octopus. While they can change color to suit their environment, when caught in fishing nets they usually display themselves in brown tones depicted in the statue.

I'm sure that is where XM took their imagery from that scenario, as well as the fact that Namor stands out on the neutral color of his minion.

Plus the water tones stand out more with him being brown. It's a beautiful piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #235
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

For some reason when I saw the sculpt, I though the Octopus was surrounded by seaweed and other ocean greenery.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #236
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
You have one of the greatest creatures on this planet when it comes to color and you pick brown?
Maybe i'm brain damage......all the while I thought Octopus should be brownish in color.....u enlightened me
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #237
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This is a beautiful statue but it could have been so much better. octopus can change color and texture so xm could have really made this look more spectacular if they did some more research
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #238
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I would have prefer the Octopus or Karken to be red. Brown is such a tone down color, which affects the overall feeling of the statue. You have Namor in a dynamic pose, the Karken coming out of the water (Which is pretty cool) and the Karken is brown...oooooookay. If the Karken is red, it would show that he is pissed\angry and ready to fight. This is just my take on it. Unfortunately, I am not a big Namor fan to buy this statue.

There is something regarding about Namor's costume that bothers me. It's too plain and simple compared to XM Cable or Magneto....maybe on par with XM Thor.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #239
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I would have prefer the Octopus or Karken to be red. Brown is such a tone down color, which affects the overall feeling of the statue. You have Namor in a dynamic pose, the Karken coming out of the water (Which is pretty cool) and the Karken is brown...oooooookay. If the Karken is red, it would show that he is pissed\angry and ready to fight. This is just my take on it. Unfortunately, I am not a big Namor fan to buy this statue.

There is something regarding about Namor's costume that bothers me. It's too plain and simple compared to XM Cable or Magneto....maybe on par with XM Thor.
Exactly. Tawny or Sangria if you want to go red.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #240
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post

That's pretty much how it's always been. Namor has never been an opulent character like say Dr. Doom with an extravangant armor design. You lost me on that...maybe that's one of the reasons why you not a Namor fan?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote