Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

it's ironic how the Cinematic X-men storyline is just as convoluted as the Comics X-men storyline(s)
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Fickle in that he doesn't follow through with his commitments. Remember he was set to direct X-Men 3 before bailing at the last second. That hack Ratner was brought in only 2 weeks before filming began. Vaughn also opted out of Directing Kick-Ass 2. Now he has done it again with X-Men: Days of Future Past.
understood, yeah this is quite annoying.

I never knew he was hired for X3 (I remember some shuffle with singer) and I always wondered why he wasn't doing kick ass 2.

Would much rather see him do XMFC2 or Kick Ass 2 than secret service, the comic isn't even that great.

Maybe he doesn't like sequels?
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Tbh, I couldn't care less who is the director as long as the movie turns out good.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #24
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I guess the bottom line is keep watching the space and see what happens. Will there be an XFC2 or will there be a reboot with a completely new vision? Will Singer direct or won't he? Did Vaughan make the right call in jumping ship? Will others follow suit? Is $300M-$400M considered respectable for these movies that cost upwards of $200M to make and $100M to market? Will Justice League approach Avengers numbers or will it flop? What about the Fantastic Four, will the reboot turn out to be a dark horse blockbuster, or will it be about the same as the original two? I have my thoughts and preferences. Others have theirs. The entertainment is in watching, waiting and seeing how it all turns out.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

Woo hoo! Bryan Singer is back. I know some of you don't like what he did with the X-men, but I loved X2 and I would want no other directer to helm X-men Days of Future Past. I can't wait until 2014!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...of-future-past
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm glad he's back too. Hes had time to see whats worked - X-Men, X2, First Class and what didn't work - X-Men: The Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine. Plus hes had time to deal with his own personal failure in rebooting Superman. I think he'll be a smarter Director because of it and let's not forget even though Vaughn Directed First Class Singer still Produced it. He was the most logical choice.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #27
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'm glad he's back too. Hes had time to see whats worked - X-Men, X2, First Class and what didn't work - X-Men: The Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine. Plus hes had time to deal with his own personal failure in rebooting Superman. I think he'll be a smarter Director because of it and let's not forget even though Vaughn Directed First Class Singer still Produced it. He was the most logical choice.
I couldn't have said it better myself. First Class would have not been what it was without him producing. I'm sure he had a huge hand in choosing Vahn.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Exactly. Singer and Vaughn worked hand in hand on First Class and they will again on Days of Future Past only the roles are reversed with Singer Directing and Vaughn staying on as Producer. The project is in good hands and the momentum generated by FC should be maintained.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
Reme Lebeau
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Exactly. Singer and Vaughn worked hand in hand on First Class and they will again on Days of Future Past only the roles are reversed with Singer Directing and Vaughn staying on as Producer. The project is in good hands and the momentum generated by FC should be maintained.
I was on the verge of crying when I heard that Vahn was stepping down, but now my frown has certainly turned upside down
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #30
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Good news that Singer is back!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote