Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Edge of Tomorrow (previously titled All You Need Is Kill)

"All you need is kill" is a new sci-fi movie directed by Doug Liman, starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. The film is scheduled to be released in 3-D and IMAX 3D on March 14, 2014.

It's been adapted from a widely praised Japanese light novel.

Plot goes like this;

"Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped—untrained and ill-equipped—into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again…and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop—dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.

But with each pass, Cage becomes tougher, smarter, and able to engage the Mimics with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt), who has lain waste to more Mimics than anyone on Earth. As Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated battle becomes an opportunity to find the key to annihilating the alien invaders and saving the Earth."

First image from the movie

metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

Interesting concept. Is it just me, or does he look a little silly in that pic?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
"All you need is kill" is a new sci-fi movie directed by Doug Liman, starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. The film is scheduled to be released in 3-D and IMAX 3D on March 14, 2014.

It's been adapted from a widely praised Japanese light novel.

Plot goes like this;

"Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and then dropped—untrained and ill-equipped—into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an Alpha down with him. But, impossibly, he awakens back at the beginning of the same hellish day, and is forced to fight and die again…and again. Direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop—dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.

But with each pass, Cage becomes tougher, smarter, and able to engage the Mimics with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt), who has lain waste to more Mimics than anyone on Earth. As Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated battle becomes an opportunity to find the key to annihilating the alien invaders and saving the Earth."

First image from the movie

Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My interest went out the door with the words "starring Tom Cruise"
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

A couple of reviews of the script ;

http://insight-movies.blogspot.com/2...pt-review.html
http://myothercareer.wordpress.com/2...-need-is-kill/

And a review of the novel;

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/201...hi_sakurazaka/
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

That single image is all I need to see to stay as far away from this movie as I possibly can. Cruise is meh at the best of times. Tricked out in a lame exo-suit and fleeing for his life goes from meh to no way.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

This is basically the premise for a videogame... I know I get better after dying 10 million times... eventually I conquer the game lol..will watch it...
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

sounds mildly interesting, whether you like Cruise or not, he seems to try and surround himself with good directors so might be worth watching.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Pictures from the set

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...ed-is-kill-21/
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ar-square.html
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #10
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

New image from All You Need Is Kill

Comic-Con 2013: 14 Hot Movie Panels | Photo 1 of 17 | EW.com

Tom Cruise's personal life antics and views doesn't affect me the least to enjoy his films. And I often don't try to associate or judge any artists' work based on their personal convictions.

The last M:I film was fantastic, I enjoyed Oblivion immensely. I still didn't get a chance to watch Jack Reacher, which despite most people's reservations due to the novel got high praise.

And it's pretty evident from his line of work in the last decade that Cruise is a big sci-fi fan. Also, I forgot Emily Blunt was in it, that makes it even better. I am definitely looking forward to this.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote