Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

View Poll Results: Who is going to win this years Super Bowl?
Ravens 14 60.87%
49ers 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
Ray's the real deal!
He was....he is no where near what he used to be..
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
He was....he is no where near what he used to be..
Very few, if any, competitors are when it comes time for retirement. He brings a lot more to the team than just physical ability though. When he was out due to injury this season they lost 4 out of their last 5 games. Since his return they're undefeated. His presence on the field is a big part of that transition.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
Frankierock
Omega Red

WTF is Randy Moss Smoking? Saying he is the best Receiver to ever play the game? I am a Huge 49er Fan, But Really Randy Come on Bro, Keep your mouth shut and play the damn game. Did you not Realize your on the Team that Had the Greatest WR of all time Jerry Rice? Yeah you are a Great WR and Could have been the best if you actually played hard every game and not just when you wanted to.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
WTF is Randy Moss Smoking? Saying he is the best Receiver to ever play the game? I am a Huge 49er Fan, But Really Randy Come on Bro, Keep your mouth shut and play the damn game. Did you not Realize your on the Team that Had the Greatest WR of all time Jerry Rice? Yeah you are a Great WR and Could have been the best if you actually played hard every game and not just when you wanted to.
I'm surprised Moss has kept his ego in check this long. Figures the Super Bowl triggered his true personality.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
dablkpnther
The Secret Six

As much as I want to see the Niners add a six trophy to their already 5 SB hardware, I would like to see Ray Lewis retire as a Super Bowl champion come Sunday.

I'm picking the Ravens in a close contest...defense wins championships peoples.
dablkpnther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Its funny. There really doesn't seem to be much middle ground when it comes to Ray Lewis. People either can't stand him or they admire his legacy and what he has brought to the game.

I'll admit I was never a fan myself, but after watching "Ray Lewis: A Football Life" on NFL Network I look at him differently now. I think he is probably one of the most misunderstood players in the game. I challenge anyone to watch that documentary and tell me this guy doesn't have one of the biggest hearts in the biz.

Ray Lewis: A Football Life

If I can find this, I will check it out. And try to make it through. If he's less overdramatic in his tone and manner, I should be able to gain a little insight into the man.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote:
EXACTLY!! As a Vikings fan I saw his years of "play when I want to" BS. I can't blame him for the 1998-1999 season when they should have won a ring, but his attitutude is exactly why they cut him after that.

Cris Carter finished behind only Jerry Rice when he retired and still doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO. He's always been, and will be, my favorite Viking -- and doesn't brag about what he was or how he stacked up.

But I must be honest, I love the line "Straight cash, homey" when asked how he (Randy) paid his NFL fine
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Ravens beet our Broncos, so hope they take it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablkpnther View Post
As much as I want to see the Niners add a six trophy to their already 5 SB hardware, I would like to see Ray Lewis retire as a Super Bowl champion come Sunday.

I'm picking the Ravens in a close contest...defense wins championships peoples.
Come on Dre...The 49ers Defense is way better then the Ravens.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2

Niners D was ranked #3 The Ravens were Ranked #17

Niners Offense was Ranked # 11 Ravens were #16

So going by Just Stats your in for a long Game if your a Ravens Fan...LOL

But Really I do throw stats out the Window During the SB...It's all about who wants it more..
Of course the Niners do..
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm surprised Moss has kept his ego in check this long. Figures the Super Bowl triggered his true personality.
Utter disrespect for Rice.. not even "disregard", as you know he's fully aware of Rice and his record.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Utter disrespect for Rice.. not even "disregard", as you know he's fully aware of Rice and his record.

Rice told him off good last night...

"I don't really live on numbers, I really live on impact and what you're able to do out on the field. I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."
-- Randy Moss

"I impacted the game by winning Super Bowls," Rice said. "... Randy is still trying to win his first one, and I wish him the best, but I was very surprised that he said he's the best receiver to ever play the game. I leave that up to my fans to make that statement."

That to me says it all. And that's Without Rices #'s which are all better.