Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-23-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Doomsday Scenario

I've been in and out of the other forum searching for new leads on the status of the license but to no avail.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

What if, Bowen Designs' Marvel license wasn't renewed and Phase 6 wasn't allowed to happen? What would you do with your Bowen pieces or your whole collection?
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nothing! I keep it of course, what should I else do?
I would try do hit some old grails and then I would go on with other companies in the same scale. Like Kotobukiya and Prototypez.
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Batwing
Cobra Command

Life will go on and I'll probably be happy and contented with what I have.

My FS Avengers still needs a FS Wonder Man, my FS Defenders still needs a FS Nighthawk but I really wouldn't be bothered at all.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
gomur
The Tick

I bought these statues because they're beautiful and capture a fond part of my childhood. Heck, even my adulthood! I wouldn't launch a liquidation sale, but I might part with a statue or two that aren't absolutely essential to me.

The beautiful thing about Bowen Designs is their attention to even the lower tier characters. If they no longer had the Marvel license, I would commission sculptors/painters in order to round out my roster of characters. Maybe even look to do some sort of "group custom" with like-minded collectors to save on the considerable cost.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I have to say that while I only own one Bowen statue and consider it my worst (Action Spider-man), I'm very impressed with some of their most recent statues (Bishop) and older ones (Cable). Also I think the Shocker statue wip looks really cool as well.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

there really is no other company that can take over the Bowen 1/6 scale statue market. When HH went out of business Bowen was still around. But only one making 1/6 resin Marvel statues is GG and Koto. But neither one of them can keep up with Bowen. When it is rolling Bowen puts out two or more statues a month. Any one that collects Koto or GG knows there are long gaps between production releases.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I will be disappointed but wont be switching over to a different company for my Marvel pieces. I like the consistency in my collection. There are really only a few Marvel pieces i am looking for and I might, every once in a while, pick up one I was only mildly interested in having in my collection. There is a new company that has piqued my interest.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I've been in and out of the other forum searching for new leads on the status of the license but to no avail.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

What if, Bowen Designs' Marvel license wasn't renewed and Phase 6 wasn't allowed to happen? What would you do with your Bowen pieces or your whole collection?
That "other forum" must be going crazy. Who will they bow down to if Randy doesnt get a 6th phase.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That "other forum" must be going crazy. Who will they bow down to if Randy doesnt get a 6th phase.
they could bow down to Koto or GG, but they are too busy living on denial!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

If he doesn't get a Marvel license it doesn't mean that Bowen Designs would just go away.

I'd keep what Marvel statues i wanted and then see what else happened, a lot of the statues i have like Zombie and Genis Vell etc will never be made by anyone else so they'll never be sold.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote