Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
What company would that be? If it met your standards then it must be good.
Tweeterhead
Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #22
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

The sneaks are nice and all, but if Bowen does not close that deal, they are simply useless.

I am hoping for an answer soon. Bowen has still a lot to offer to Marvel fans. It would be a great loss for all of us if Randy is unable to continue with phase 6 and so on.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #23
RELStuart
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm not terribly worried about it. Like many others I have plenty of statues that have already been produced I still need to hunt down. But, there are certainly some things I would like to see Bowen produce still, classic Action Cap being one my top desires. We'll see what happens.
RELStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #24
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Even if phase 6 is a no go this year...I highly doubt that will stop RB from trying to get one down the road. There is still a lot of $$$ and characters to be made and he knows that.

I do think that with the higher costs of production equalling an increase in retail prices is an indicator that there may only be a few more phases left in the tank. BD statues are currently in the $200-$250 range and once they hit $300...sales may decrease and it's prob not gonna be a profitable business as it once was.

If Bowen does stop producing statues, I think the value will eventually increase in the aftermarket. I don't think they'll instantly increase because people might fire sale their BD statues, but after the dust settles BD statues will be harder to find.

No matter how much you like or hate Bowen Designs...they are the benchmark in the industry for comic statues and that will carry a lot of weight if they no longer produce statues down the road.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:09 AM   #25
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I bought these statues because they're beautiful and capture a fond part of my childhood. Heck, even my adulthood! I wouldn't launch a liquidation sale, but I might part with a statue or two that aren't absolutely essential to me.

The beautiful thing about Bowen Designs is their attention to even the lower tier characters. If they no longer had the Marvel license, I would commission sculptors/painters in order to round out my roster of characters. Maybe even look to do some sort of "group custom" with like-minded collectors to save on the considerable cost.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:04 AM   #26
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
There have been a few sneaks since the end of the last phase: Baron Zemo, Wonder Man and an update of Gamora, so I will be VERY surprised if the license is not renewed.
Sneaks and the license aren't even connected with each other. Randy could give out 100 sneaks of possible pieces but if Marvel decides not to give BD the license then all those will be thrown in the trash can. What I'm saying is, sneaks aren't an assurance that phase 6 will happen.

At every sneak he shows, Randy always says, "IF phase 6 will happen."
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #27
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Even if phase 6 is a no go this year...I highly doubt that will stop RB from trying to get one down the road. There is still a lot of $$$ and characters to be made and he knows that.

I do think that with the higher costs of production equalling an increase in retail prices is an indicator that there may only be a few more phases left in the tank. BD statues are currently in the $200-$250 range and once they hit $300...sales may decrease and it's prob not gonna be a profitable business as it once was.

If Bowen does stop producing statues, I think the value will eventually increase in the aftermarket. I don't think they'll instantly increase because people might fire sale their BD statues, but after the dust settles BD statues will be harder to find.

No matter how much you like or hate Bowen Designs...they are the benchmark in the industry for comic statues and that will carry a lot of weight if they no longer produce statues down the road.
Thank you for that enlightening answer. I believe in everything you said.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #28
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

If Bowen gets a DC licence then my credit cards life is over.

I wonder if Marvel would push Bowen to do more movie related and movie centric merchandise instead of the usual characters done?
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #29
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
If Bowen gets a DC licence then my credit cards life is over.

I wonder if Marvel would push Bowen to do more movie related and movie centric merchandise instead of the usual characters done?
I won't complain if they did. Seeing as even lesser-known superheroes are beginning to have roles in movies.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #30
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
Life will go on and I'll probably be happy and contented with what I have.

My FS Avengers still needs a FS Wonder Man, my FS Defenders still needs a FS Nighthawk but I really wouldn't be bothered at all.
Nighthawk will be missed for sure. And a Valkyrie mini-bust. Other than that, it has been a good run.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote