Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I REALLY hope there isn't some sort of cash settlement with all kinds of non-disclosure and gag order agreements.

If the accusations are true then he should be in jail and he shouldn't be able to buy his way out of it.

If the accusations are false then the type of scum that would falsely accuse someone of doing something like this shouldn't be rewarded with a fat payday for lies.

Unfortunately, whichever party is telling the truth has a risk averse interest in either paying or taking payment to avoid a possible outcome that would be much worse for them if it doesn't go their way so that is what will likely happen.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
I didn't mean it as a joke. We don't know if he really did or did not do what's said , all I know is that I don't like his x-men films and because of this claim studio could fire him.
thats true and i didn't take what you were saying as joke either. you make a valid point. the company will want to wash their hands of something like this either way. they dont want their name tarnished or have any relations good or bad with allegations like this at all im sure.
its obvious that DOFP will be coming. the question is now, if they do fire Singer. will they just hire a new director for AOA? or scrap that film altogether? or start over?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I REALLY hope there isn't some sort of cash settlement with all kinds of non-disclosure and gag order agreements.

If the accusations are true then he should be in jail and he shouldn't be able to buy his way out of it.

If the accusations are false then the type of scum that would falsely accuse someone of doing something like this shouldn't be rewarded with a fat payday for lies.

Unfortunately, whichever party is telling the truth has a risk averse interest in either paying or taking payment to avoid a possible outcome that would be much worse for them if it doesn't go their way so that is what will likely happen.
if this settles out of court and Singer pays regardless of it being true or not. then a whole lot of people will see that as an admission of guilt. more than just a pay off to shut the accuser up. he would be better off fighting it in court if its not true. its the only way to save his rep and job IMO. paying them off to shut them up would be stupid.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Bryan Singer Lawyer Says Sexual Abuse Lawsuit is 'Completely Without Merit' - TheWrap
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

What a shocker.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
MrYac
Hercules

I've always felt if it's proven this sort of thing is in fact false then the accuser should suffer whatever penalty the crime would've carried, like the little jerk that falsely accused Elmo a couple years ago. this sort of thing kills a persons career no matter what the outcome.... unless you're Michael Jackson of course
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #17
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I've always felt if it's proven this sort of thing is in fact false then the accuser should suffer whatever penalty the crime would've carried, like the little jerk that falsely accused Elmo a couple years ago. this sort of thing kills a persons career no matter what the outcome.... unless you're Michael Jackson of course
Roman Polanski and Woody Allen still got their career intact.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This was posted on another forum. Looks like he is not new to controversy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apt_Pup...ilm%29#Lawsuit
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #19
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Looks like this was actually reported back in 1999.
http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/bry...99-1201159072/
Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Jez the guy comes across creepy.