Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #151
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Went ahead and bought the digital version of the film to do some comparisons--my findings are that the render in the Trailer is essentially the same--but some different shots.

Prime 1 is more accurate in some ways more accurate on these key parts
+dermal plates on lips, jaw & below eye appear far more accurate
+leg markings appear more accurately painted
-painting of stripe is way off
-nodules on back of Blue's neck are too few and incorrectly in neat symmetrical rows (Also painted black?)

Chronicles
+prototype seen at comic con was far more accurate (specifically the stripe)
+eye seems more correct in attached photo (seems too dark in others)
+proportions of orbital socket (and general skull) appear slightly more correct/more recognizable to film version. Perhaps it's the pose.
-dermal plates/on face appear far different (see +'s for P1s)
-painting of leg markings is pretty off (rear of thigh)

Originally I liked Prime 1's more--but watching the scenes a few times just now, I feel Chronicles captures Blue better-Good job CC!-unfortunately the large dermal plates on the lips just throw me way off-so I went with Prime 1.
If CC fixes the lips or if someone can provide evidence CC got the lips right, I may be eating dirt soup.
Nice comparison. I went with Prime 1 and put the order in last night. This will be my first Prime 1 piece and people have nothing but good things to say about the production pieces so I do feel more confident that I am going to get really close to what they have pictured. May not be as accurate but just looks more life like. The base is also a big plus. Plain black base is just plain lazy and makes Blue look like shes floating a bit on the CC version.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #152
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

if I get this message right, this are the eyes for the 1:1 baby blue!!! UPDATE: this are indeed the eyes for baby blue confirmed by P1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby eyes.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	119284  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #153
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
if I get this message right, this are the eyes for the 1:1 baby blue!!! UPDATE: this are indeed the eyes for baby blue confirmed by P1.
Beautiful, simply beautiful
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:34 AM   #154
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Im sorry but whoever thinks Chronicle's is better, is wrong.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190211-012632_Instagram.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	764.9 KB
ID:	120935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190211-011953_Instagram.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	120936  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #155
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My baby blue has arrived, forwarded thanks to Chronicle Collectibles. $140 fee for shipping for 5 or less states, seems pretty high.
Comparative to the CC Raptor Bust, comes in very similar dimensional box, weighs twice as much and shipped for $90-100.

It's really big, on it's base stands eye to eye with the CC Raptor bust. And due to it's 1:1 it inspires awe, looking like something you would see in a NHM recreation.

Thankfully not polystone, if it was it would be similar weight to the CC Raptor bust. Material is rigid and crisp, likely very little hollowness. It's light enough to carry in 1 arm and durable enough I felt fine taking it outside for some fun pics.

The eyes are clear, though the iris appears to be a flat sheet of foil or flecked gold with printed pupil, which gives it some life, but it is lacking some compared to CC Raptor bust's sculpted iris.

The over-all painting is good, though I am very unhappy with the white lines, specifically on the arms.
The claws were painted before being attached, and so perfectly delineated from skin.

Sorry, I'm not able to get quality pics currently.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_5547.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	127269  
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:24 AM   #156
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
My baby blue has arrived, forwarded thanks to Chronicle Collectibles. $140 fee for shipping for 5 or less states, seems pretty high.
Comparative to the CC Raptor Bust, comes in very similar dimensional box, weighs twice as much and shipped for $90-100.

It's really big, on it's base stands eye to eye with the CC Raptor bust. And due to it's 1:1 it inspires awe, looking like something you would see in a NHM recreation.

Thankfully not polystone, if it was it would be similar weight to the CC Raptor bust. Material is rigid and crisp, likely very little hollowness. It's light enough to carry in 1 arm and durable enough I felt fine taking it outside for some fun pics.

The eyes are clear, though the iris appears to be a flat sheet of foil or flecked gold with printed pupil, which gives it some life, but it is lacking some compared to CC Raptor bust's sculpted iris.

The over-all painting is good, though I am very unhappy with the white lines, specifically on the arms.
The claws were painted before being attached, and so perfectly delineated from skin.

Sorry, I'm not able to get quality pics currently.

Wow, you got your statue already? Mine has not even been shipped yet, as far as I know.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #157
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiaEsh View Post
Wow, you got your statue already? Mine has not even been shipped yet, as far as I know.
I pad both p1 blues and no shipping info either.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #158
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I pad both p1 blues and no shipping info either.
Baby just shipped, but I have not been sent a payment link for Adult Blue's shipping yet.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #159
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

At last!!!! Reaaally love how they turned out. Amazing P1. Now, my rex and trike.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191205_141506.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	127355  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #160
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

I got both of them last night. I love how both turned out, especially Baby, who feels like she is right there.