Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #81
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Am i the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass about 100% accuracy.
Sadly not. That's why we'll never have a true SWS Predator 1987 statue again.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #82
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

All i really want is some dope ---- that resembles the movie so a few inconsistencies are just fine with me and a suspect most people feel the same way.

What i really wonder is if there is anyway to represent the camouflage abilities of the predator in respectable manner for statue form.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #83
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Same here Zombiez
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #84
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
I'm pickier about some details than others. I'm more irritated with stuff Sideshow has done like moving the leg armor or not including quills than I am about a crater in the helmet. Then again, it also depends on how the statue looks as a whole. I have faith that Prime will deliver with this one overall. They have to know that this is the Predator statue most people are waiting for.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #85
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Thing is, considering all the reference material available it’s just as easy for them to make this accurate to the movie as it is to make it inaccurate. Which is why it’s frustrating to see mistakes.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #86
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

None of us expect perfection (100% accuracy) But why wouldn't they try to make it as accurate as possible? And when there are clear oddities in the teasers, it makes sense to point them out as an extra set of eyes might see things P1 didn't. Plus for the kind of prices these things fetch now, It probably isn't much to ask that they mirror the characters they are trying to replicate fairly closely. We've had years of just okay Predator statues, P1 are now in a position to make the ultimate ones if they wish to do so. And that's exciting, but yeah, I'd hope they're pretty damn accurate.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #87
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
None of us expect perfection (100% accuracy) But why wouldn't they try to make it as accurate as possible? And when there are clear oddities in the teasers, it makes sense to point them out as an extra set of eyes might see things P1 didn't. Plus for the kind of prices these things fetch now, It probably isn't much to ask that they mirror the characters they are trying to replicate fairly closely. We've had years of just okay Predator statues, P1 are now in a position to make the ultimate ones if they wish to do so. And that's exciting, but yeah, I'd hope they're pretty damn accurate.
Agreed.

As with Sadshow's pieces - I have no need for yet another "okay-ish" 1:4 Jungle Hunter.

Get the things that matter CORRECT - or no sale.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #88
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Agreed.

As with Sadshow's pieces - I have no need for yet another "okay-ish" 1:4 Jungle Hunter.

Get the things that matter CORRECT - or no sale.

Nailed it
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:10 AM   #89
Shoo
Hercules

Well, crap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 1 Studio
We would like to announce that we decide this Winter Wonderfest to show much less new products. There is no new products for Berserk or Bloodborne example. Many product we showed last Event that didnt start preorder yet. We want to focus on that first before showcase any new stuffs. New IP such as Devil my cry 5 and Big chap, Classic Predator progress is doing very good we want more time on it will be not ready to be show at Wonderfest but should be reveal trought the year somewhere with a small event that we are planning and will announce later on. Thank you understanding.
PS: please someone add 'Predator' to the thread title.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #90
Python
Omega Red

As I said in the Alien thread, I'm okay with this, they stated that they want to spend longer which implies that they wish to make them as good as possible, so I'll not complain
Python is offline   Reply With Quote