Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #791
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Why do the likes of tessek,Weequay and Klaatu never get any love? They were some of my favorite figures as a kid. I don't think Hot toys even did them?

I'd also love some Ewoks.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #792
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Why do the likes of tessek,Weequay and Klaatu never get any love? They were some of my favorite figures as a kid. I don't think Hot toys even did them?

I'd also love some Ewoks.
I'd actually love to see Sebulba. He's one of my favorite character designs from the prequels. I've never seen a large scale piece of him.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #793
craigcliff1
Zot

The XM video Bryan Tan states more in the works.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:58 AM   #794
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
The XM video Bryan Tan states more in the works.
What are they, due in 2024?

I really do wonder what’s going on with this license. I can imagine the approval process is likely a hurdle but they’ve only released 3 characters, with 1 in the pipe and 2 apparently scrapped after years of development. Doesn’t make any sense.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #795
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

I really do wonder what’s going on with this license. I can imagine the approval process is likely a hurdle but they’ve only released 3 characters, with 1 in the pipe and 2 apparently scrapped after years of development. Doesn’t make any sense.
In roughly the same time period Iron Studios has only done 2 with 1 in the pipeline... I think with all the licenses XM has gotten will be lucky to get a Star Wars character once every 2 years...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:09 AM   #796
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

The statue game is all about the future, even if it never gets here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:13 AM   #797
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, Iron Studios is just as bad but I guess.

More than anything I’d just like to know why the XM Stormtroopers and Grievous were canceled? Grievous sounded epic and we’ll likely never even see him now and it amazes me with all the companies producing SW in 1:4 scale now we still have never received a decent Stormtrooper.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:41 AM   #798
craigcliff1
Zot

Yea who knows what rules are with this stuff. Igo did state that Disney made SSC cancel some of their planned pieces. Was a great interview I watched a month ago and just did it again. They wanted to talk about what was in the works. For 12 years I have had a list of wanted SW statues but I have given up on those. I would be glad if one piece I want get made by any company.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:02 AM   #799
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Last I heard, Star Wars pieces were really difficult to get approved and XM was putting the license on the back burner. I know Bryan said they’re still working on it but with the difficulty of getting SW approval, low ES, and little love for their SW stuff in XM’s approved regions, the writing is on the wall for SW stuff unfortunately.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:06 AM   #800
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Apparently Disney is very hard to give some approval on statues and they are pain in the ass if they are ok with.

I really hope they did not refuse some approval on awesome statues like Grievous, Stormtroopers or Jango Fett, they all were in the XM studio schedule, because they want companies produce statues from the current trilogy...

I have ZERO interest in the new trilogy, Kylo Ren, Phasma and the new style stormtrooper.
Statues companies produce statues for fans, and basically almost all of us like old trilogies more than the new ones.

So if they want to promote their new movies by forcing companies to produce new SW statues and cancelling statues from old movies, that is not a good move.

What is keeping SW alive is not the new movies, but passion from old fans for old movies.

People who has money to buy statues are not children who like Kylo Ren and buy BB8 school bag, but 40 years old men who like ESB and ROTJ, watched the movies in 80's and were playing with Kenner figures.

So that is a very bad move not to let companies like Sideshow and XM Studios produce the awesome statues from the past, because they are the true Star wars
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote