Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #101
thx217
Ultimates

Most of the so called reference photos that's been posted here are ONLY good for what it is. The lighting condition throws the actually look off by a mile and most of the people don't know about that stuff since not everyone's trained to know how to look and where to look. If anyone want's to actually go with any those "references" flat out doesn't know what their doing, sorry. That's if you really want something that's....right.

There's really not much of debate as to how the thing should be painted. There're only the Stan Winston Studio or the ILM versions(not preferred). Since this piece is sourced from the Stan Winston Studios. It should go with how the studio painted it originally.

Paul and his team will be calling the shots on how they are going to be painted. They have more then enough references to do the job.

With that said. Here's the look of the screen used 1/1 head. A set of low res reference worthy photos in my book. Most of the stuff on google are just not worthy to even be mentioned. By tweaking the expose will reveal more details and color.

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #102
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #103
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Those shots of the Rex studio head are gorgeous Jon. Thanks for sharing them.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #104
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Most of the so called reference photos that's been posted here are ONLY good for what it is. The lighting condition throws the actually look off by a mile and most of the people don't know about that stuff since not everyone's trained to know how to look and where to look. If anyone want's to actually go with any those "references" flat out doesn't know what their doing, sorry. That's if you really want something that's....right.

There's really not much of debate as to how the thing should be painted. There're only the Stan Winston Studio or the ILM versions(not preferred). Since this piece is sourced from the Stan Winston Studios. It should go with how the studio painted it originally.

Paul and his team will be calling the shots on how they are going to paint it. They have more then enough references to do the job.

With that said. Here's the look of the screen used 1/1 head. A set of low res reference worthy photos in my book. Most of the stuff on google are just not worthy to even be mentioned. By tweaking the expose will reveal more details and color.

thanks for posting these. but dude, but your houlier than thou collecting tone kinda sucks to be honest.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #105
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
thanks for posting these. but dude, but your houlier than thou collecting tone kinda sucks to be honest.
Life's tough. Be happy. What really sucks is that the piece came out with the wrong paint job because the Google pics.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #106
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I like these pics, they are in the neighborhood of the Perot Museum Paint job.

I'll start posting a few pics when the paint starts going down.

Jonathan is picky, I'm okay with that. Remember, without him this wouldn't be a reality....

Everyone gets a say, Universal gets a say, but in the end I get the final say...
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #107
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I like these pics, they are in the neighborhood of the Perot Museum Paint job.

I'll start posting a few pics when the paint starts going down.

Jonathan is picky, I'm okay with that. Remember, without him this wouldn't be a reality....

Everyone gets a say, Universal gets a say, but in the end I get the final say...
Paul is a savage!!!
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:37 PM   #108
clutch
Sailor Moon

Please ship with bottom jaw detached for easier repainting.

I KEED! I KEED!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #109
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Please ship with bottom jaw detached for easier repainting.

I KEED! I KEED!
you are kidding right?
tamaboy311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 AM   #110
jimmylace
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
You are welcomes guys. Every JP fans should own this beautiful piece.

Paul, not sure if you guys already have something similar in the works. I have a resin JP logo plaque(not flat) attached to my custom female bust. Which is dead accurate and goes perfectly with the scale and can be painted in color and I believe that's everyone wanted? At least I do. You can use it if you want. But I'll have to ship the entire bust over to you since it's glued to the board.
The base design on other JP pieces from Chronicle has been great. Wasn't a fan of the base on the male Rex bust however, but makes sense for them to stick with it at this point.

I liked the 'logo as base ' as a concept, but in the execution, I think the dull colours were an awkward middle ground. Obviously bright red would be garish, but thought a pure rock look would've been prettier.

I like my bases clean generally.

Stopped me from buying them. Bought the Breakout instead!
jimmylace is offline   Reply With Quote