Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #81
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

These look pretty incredible. Had to walk away form GG's Sucker Punch line and I like Whisper so I might be inclined to pick her up if the price is south of $300.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #82
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Shameless rip of the Sucker Punch line, even down to the bases and the animated artwork for the promotion, but the quality is again incredible - probably even better and more detailed than the SP girls. GG are again showing Sideshow the way when it comes to female characters.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #83
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thanks for your great pictures Jedi Don.

If the prices are right then I will get them all.
They would standing nice to the Sucker Punch statues.

I don't care if they are rip-offs from the Sucker Punch line, I see chicks with guns and I loved it.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #84
Vallos
Jubilee

It is looking more likely that I will invest in this line. Thanks guys, for contributing to the delinquency of a collector. Damn it!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #85
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Another line that I would not mind adding to my collection. Thanks for posting Jedi Don
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #86
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I like Lucky and Fire Ball. If these are original creations, the series could be open-ended. I wonder what the edition size will be. Does GG think they can sell over 1000 units with out a license to help promote the line?
I wonder this ES too?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #87
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I hope these are actually unlimited editions, I would like to get them all, but it would be nice not to have to sell a kidney to do so! Plus, because these arn't attached to any particular I.P. there's probably little (actual) collectibility (in the traditional sense) with these. I mean, ok, if GG really do push this into the realm of books, comics, and film, then they will become (presumably) quite desirable, but that's a big "maybe"......

I guess it would just be nice to be able to collect something without even having to think about (R.O.I), just buy it cause it' nice kinda thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVw3raAG6hQ

In this vid the guide talks about the "future" of Honey Trap, it sounds pretty exciting, I have to say! And my god, do these statues look sweet!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #88
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph View Post
Shameless rip of the Sucker Punch line, even down to the bases and the animated artwork for the promotion, but the quality is again incredible - probably even better and more detailed than the SP girls. GG are again showing Sideshow the way when it comes to female characters.
And more than IMO. Both the Sucker Punch and Honey Trap series show what can be done and should be done with digital sculpts.

I know that digital sculpts have their detractors and the early generation were quite poor, but I think digital sculpting has evolved to be a viable method.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #89
Timber
Frackin!

Just:
When to order and at what price ?

Nothing else
Rainer
Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #90
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
And more than IMO. Both the Sucker Punch and Honey Trap series show what can be done and should be done with digital sculpts.

I know that digital sculpts have their detractors and the early generation were quite poor, but I think digital sculpting has evolved to be a viable method.
Agreed. Can you imagine Star Wars, LotR, Marvel, DC, etc. lines in this style and with this level of detailing? Not to mention the outstanding paints, which may be the best of all three of the top producers. Whoever is art directing these and Sucker Punch knows what they are doing. If GG started producing 1:4 scale statues for its top licenses I'd be rethinking the entire collection.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote