Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in XM producing non Marvel related Accessories?
Yes 35 81.40%
No 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #21
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
A rifle for the base or for the Cap statue? I vote both.

Unmasked Steve Rodgers head maybe.

Since most of the bases are based on the destruction of NYC how about some Chitauri parts, weapons or armor. They could be used on any of the statues so far. Well Cap, Hulk and Hawkeye at least
Hmmmm.... Would it be to much to ask for both? Nah of course not. Both it is!!!

Yeah exactly!!!!! I would undoubtedly spend a ton of cash buying up a resin NYC. I'm not a hot toys fan at all but I will say some of the scenes people have custom made for their figs look so awesome!!!! If XM gave us the opportunity to do that in 1/4 scale accessories.... well damn..... I'll just have to make different use of the guest bedroom!!
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #22
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I would like the older shield for Cap as well but not sure how it would look on this statue and costume. Maybe with an alternate head n base. Like a German Tank top or something
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #23
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

I like the idea Tavegg, I brought this up to Bowen before, but nothing came of it. The only thing that I would worry about is cost. I would think it'd be cheaper to get custom stuff for cheaper here in the US. Not knocking the idea at all because I'd love to see it, but the cost of the item plus shipping from Singapore can reach up to what a Bowen FS statue would cost (depending on the item)! If there's a cost effective way to do it....sure, I'm all for it!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #24
mufizal
The X-Men

Just my 2 cents.

Alot of thought is put into Every piece of statue that is created .
Everything from the 2mm tilt of the head vs the angle of the feet
- to the crease / dirt that is placed at a certain location to
emphasize a certain movement or body language.

Dont want to speak on behalf of XM here, but personally ,
every additional part that was created was carefully thought
of in terms of positioning and expression. as well as seamless
connectivity .

so in my humble opinion . creating extra accessories is a very
interesting proposition indeed. and XM has single handedly
created a perfect platform for this.

However , ALOT of consideration needs to be taken into
account for each new part for it to work seamlessly with
the already existing statues.

Cost and license is also another issue. but that is a whole
can of worms i am not at liberty nor would like to comment on

again..
just my 2 cents.

Mufizal
mufizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #25
SONICobra
Batman

while its not a terrible idea I just don't think its a viable option for mass produced collectibles. aside from figuring out how many to make and try and sell (on top of selling the statue itself) to make the designing and producing of said accessory profitable - it would delay the designing and producing of new pieces all together.

from a personal standpoint - i hate clutter. these statues and intricate bases are pretty well thought out and look just right the way they are designed. adding additional elements would detract from the piece as a whole imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #26
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I like the idea Tavegg, I brought this up to Bowen before, but nothing came of it. The only thing that I would worry about is cost. I would think it'd be cheaper to get custom stuff for cheaper here in the US. Not knocking the idea at all because I'd love to see it, but the cost of the item plus shipping from Singapore can reach up to what a Bowen FS statue would cost (depending on the item)! If there's a cost effective way to do it....sure, I'm all for it!
What's up dude? Good to see a familiar name. Hope all has been well man.

I agree with your thoughts implicitly. Cost would be a major factor. Shipping cost would still be a large expense to take into consideration in additon . Not sure what something like a rifle or different themed base (think of the original Hawkeye base) would cost but I'm thinking the cost would be feasible without the licensing fees having to be paid to marvel.
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
XM STUDIOS
Producer
Producer

yes we are looking into non license accessory . Imagine putting a ammo crate on the SS deadpool with rocket launcher , grenade and some weapons
XM STUDIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Sounds like you guys are already thinking ten steps ahead.

So exciting. Can't wait for a Deadpool. Hell I can't wait for anything you guys do. XM completest of 1/4 here.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #29
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavegg View Post
What's up dude? Good to see a familiar name. Hope all has been well man.

I agree with your thoughts implicitly. Cost would be a major factor. Shipping cost would still be a large expense to take into consideration in additon . Not sure what something like a rifle or different themed base (think of the original Hawkeye base) would cost but I'm thinking the cost would be feasible without the licensing fees having to be paid to marvel.
Hey what's up brotha! Yeah, getting into these XM statues through our mutual buddy. All is def well...hope the same for you!

In regards to the accessesories, yeah maybe a rifle, but if you're talking a crushed vehicle or something...that's gonna cost you a Bowen statue...lol! Some might be down for it, but I don't know...it'd have to blow my mind. I'd love to see the possibilities though! A crushed NYC taxi cab or tank might be worth buying.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #30
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I don't need more additional parts, usually I choose one option and never change it again.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote