Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-29-2018, 05:43 AM   #851
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
With one post and as someone else pointed out posting other peoples pictures, I smell a troll... If your not a troll then ask for a replacement or refund.

As for some of those issues, is the one foot suppose to sit flat or are people just assuming? As for the visor not being perfectly centered on his nose, you would have to zoom in with a camera to notice that... that's some serious nit picking there...

Any chip's to the paint or broken pieces is a legit complaint...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:48 PM   #852
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueCollectin View Post
First off this a great looking statue but with that said there are quiet a few issues that I have seen and that are on mine.

Front foot does not sit flush on mine either.

Visor is crooked as well on mine. This seems to be very common and I am stunned XM didn't fix this issue before it got massively produced.

Mine also has this same issue between the fingers another very common issue and poor QC on XM's part.

And on mine there is a chip on the corner of wolverines hair on the right side of his unmask portrait is facing you that was painted over. Another piss poor QC issue from XM's part, my must have got printed and fell on the floor or something.

Being this is my first XM statue and I don't have another one to base it from I have to say I am disappointed in these defects that for me are somewhat big coming from a company who has been hyped to death for having the best quality control in the business. The statue is stunning and an absolute beauty if you can ignore these defects but it's a damn shame the quality control had so many issues from a company that is supposed to be superior to sideshow when QC is involved.

(These pictures were not of my exact statue but they have the same exact defects as mine does.)

My question is XM known to have these many quality control issue with their statues? Are they no better than Sideshow since they probably get made in the same factories? I really am stunned at paying over $1000+ dollars to have this many issues with a statue from XM. I would have figured it was going to be perfect and not have this many flaws.
Of all that you showed and talked about...the only issue is the paint part at the claw area. The black scuff on the finger can easily come off with a #2 eraser...issue resolved. The foot I believe sits exactly how it is supposed to. The chipped / flaked lookin part in between the knuckle / claw area is really the only problem. I don't even begin to see a crooked visor.

I'm not going to call you or anyone a troll...but it would be much more believable if you posted your own pictures showing the damage...after all...you would have to show that to the dealer you got this statue from if you want a replacement from XM.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #853
grphyx1
Kingpin

OMG those toenails and finger nails look beyond amazing!!! Fabulous!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #854
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

where Did they go?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #855
StatueCollectin
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
With one post and as someone else pointed out posting other peoples pictures, I smell a troll...
I am far from a troll, I would always be critical of Sideshow quality control being hit or miss depending on the character or factory they uses. I also have come to love XM products over the years drooling over pictures of other peoples statue. I myself didn't want to pull the Weapon X from under my bed and have to put it all together to take pictures that were already there online. For sure I will claim this with my reseller and hope for the best.

Just cause I have 1 post doesn't mean I am some sort of evil person here to throw dirt on a companies name. But ---- I spent over $1000+ dollars to received something I expected to be perfect to near perfect.

The helmet being crooked seems normal except from the proto so thats something I will have to accept.

The foot seems also normal from what I read unless someone can correct me and tell me theirs sits flush.

The flake in between the fingers seems to be a common issues with most if not all Weapon X's but sad to see this wasn't seen and fixed at the factory.

What I won't accept is the chip I have on the hair on the portrait. That I will expect to be fixed or replaced and most likely at my expense since I don't expect my reseller to use his money to pay for shipping back and forth for a portrait.

Either way, it's a wonder why the prototype has a perfectly aligned helmet yet every one who got Weapon X got a crooked helmet. I suppose I am the only one who notices that.

This is RADDTITAN's Proto picture of Weapon X with the helmet on straighter than production.

If I'm going through the trouble of using my time to post such long posts I should be given the benefit of the doubt that I am correct to have concern.

I just wish it would have been perfectly done since everyone has hyped of XM to be great when it comes to quality control.

I will say no matter how anyone took my post I am the owner of one of these statues and it's absolutely beautiful and the details and wet effect are on another level. I plan to buy more statues in the future from XM being so impressed by this Weapon X statue.
StatueCollectin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #856
built2shred
Phoenix

I did say if your not a troll then ask for a refund... if you bought it from Ebay or used Paypal you can force the issue with the seller.. It's either that or the seller refunds you some money for the chipped portrait which you can then send it back to XM directly to have it repaired or replaced.

No one company will be perfect, that said I've bought probably over 20 XM Statues so far and have had zero issues but I do consider myself lucky as no company is perfect but XM is usually better then most other companies when it comes to QC.... But I have seen a few XM issues here and there but they do seem rather rare... With XM getting bigger wouldn't surprise me if we start to see a bit more QC issues as this seems to happen with all companies as they get bigger and produce more..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #857
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

My Weapon X is flawless except for one of the switches on the active lights broke off at the slightest touch of trying to turn it on initially. It came off in 1 piece where the switch meets the sliding plate mechanism inside the light. I can still turn it on with any thin, pointed objects but just figured I'd glue it back in there some day.

Buying 3rd party and living in the states makes you quickly understand how much of a waste of time it'd be to seek a fix for that. I'd rather just take it to get fixed by a local electrician or craftsman then ship it back to my seller or Singapore lol.

We risk a lot when buying from the States, but pound for pound it's the best money spent in this hobby.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #858
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Why I had two paint issues with portraits

Black panther
Carnage

Had replacements sent from third party piece of cake!

XM has great customer service as long as damaged piece is destroyed they want pictures you’re good
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #859
Grizz_li
Frackin!

My first XM Studios:

Great details and assembly instructions.

Next to a Prime 1 Geralt

Testing the light up feature

Now the cracks in the claws
Grizz_li is offline   Reply With Quote