Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #21
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

First off Sam, they are not swears. The kids are not allowed to swear, so we as coaches,lead by example. If our language gets "colorful" then the words we use are either adverbs, adjectives or nouns. Not swears/curse words.

Second, God Bless you man. I knew it would only be a matter of time. You will realize soon though that as much as you teach them and as much as you help then become better men. You will get far more out of it.

Give em hell bro. Proud of you.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #22
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
First off Sam, they are not swears. The kids are not allowed to swear, so we as coaches,lead by example. If our language gets "colorful" then the words we use are either adverbs, adjectives or nouns. Not swears/curse words.

Second, God Bless you man. I knew it would only be a matter of time. You will realize soon though that as much as you teach them and as much as you help then become better men. You will get far more out of it.

Give em hell bro. Proud of you.

bro, remember waaaay back on the HEF, before you were here and we talked about you and me coaching a football team? Well it's HAPPENING brah. I owe it to you for inspiring me to do this in the first place. When you decide to take that job with the fulton county DA's office, we got a team, you got the brains, I got the brawn, we will dominate. Ready whenever you are little big bro. WORD. and thanks.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #23
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Looks like NFL coaching is in the works for you, Sam
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Well,

Today was my first day coaching HS football.

I am the "strength coach" more or less, I make the little whiney fu$#ers lift weights. How I got the job was pretty funny. During the school year the head football coach saw me and said, "damn, you're huge". How much you bench? I said, "I dunno, 505 was my best at one rep, I can rep 315 for 24 reps at my best". He said, "Holy crap, did you ever play football?". I was like, "yeah, the principal (who also happens to be my adopted father) was my football coach". Then he laughed heartily, and offered me a coaching job. Yup.

So today I showed up in my sleevless shirt (as Kdawg always says, everything is better sleeveles) and the kids were like, "oh my god, mr. Wilson is huge", which is dumb cause you would think a shirt and a tie doesn't hide me that much, I dunno, maybe it's a clark kent thing, anyway, the coach introduces me to the team. That was funny,
Coach, "The is Coach, umm, what's your name again?"

Me, "Wilson"

Coach, "Yeah, Coach Wilson. He's really strong, he can bench, umm, how much you bench wilson?"

Me, "umm, 505 was my single rep best"

Coach, "yeah, 500 lbs. He's strong. Listen to him. Now get to it..."

Heh. And so it begins. IN a public school weightroom with no AC, they worked hard, but were kind of wusses. Meh, kids. I'll motiviate. It's on. And so it goes...

See...That's why Juggernaut wears the chest armor, but leaves the "guns" uncovered..... Makes em stand out more....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #25
Eye of Agamotto
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Give'em hell Sam, they'll love you more for it. All the best!!
Eye of Agamotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #26
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
well, I was a cop. Word.
Well I bet that nightstick comes in handy for beating the mother in law round the head, oh wait that's my fantasy.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #27
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:

Coach, "yeah, 500 lbs. He's strong. Listen to him. Now get to it..."
I was just thinking, that must have been scary for those kids.

"yeah kids, he's strong and mean enough to rip your head's off and pi$$ down your necks, then go punch out Superman. We also know he loves samurai flicks."

Good luck kids, ur gonna need it!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #28
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I should also mention, as a coach, the following curse words are okay:

pu$#y, bi$ch, goddammit and a$#. Example:

Goddammit you pu$#y a$# bit$#es, stop acting like a bunch of sissies.

Of course fu$# (and it's variations, including motherfu$#er) and sh$# are unacceptable in coaching. Hmph. You learn something new every day I guess...
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #29
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf
I was just thinking, that must have been scary for those kids.

"yeah kids, he's strong and mean enough to rip your head's off and pi$$ down your necks, then go punch out Superman. We also know he loves samurai flicks."

Good luck kids, ur gonna need it!
heh. YEah. I guess getting in their face and yelling at them to "toughen up" helps.

But I will say this, there was a group of freshmen who have NEVER lifted before, and I was riding them really hard, but then I pulled them in a little huddle and said this:

"aiight, would you rather have someone in your facing making sure you are lifting correctly and motivating you to perform better, or do you just want some yahoo sitting on his a$# letting you guys make idiots of yourselves"

one of them said, "we want you to be hard on us coach"

not to be cheesey, but that's what it is about. Being a hard a$#, but doing it cause you care not cause it's funny. Even though it's a little funny...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #30
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

This is one of the coolest threads ever Sam...

First of all congratulations Vato...

These kids will benefit from you being their strength coach more than they ever will with anyone else.

Lifting for football is about raw, power, aggressive attitude and kind of a c*ocky mindset about owning the weight. It's not body building and it's not powerlifting. It's about taking your body and hardening a missile into attack strength. You are the man who is imposing in stature and can back up my statements with how you b*tch slap heavy weights around. These kids will look up to you like you are a god and you will teach them things they will carry with them for the rest of their lives about toughness, discipline, mindset, and so much more...

and of course I cannot deny paying you homage for showing up sleevless...

EVERYTHING IS BETTER SLEEVELESS!!!