Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 10-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #6091
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Well nothing great for Batman was at the Imagined Worlds show. And Martin Ansin still hasn't released prints for The Invisible Man or Creature from the Black Lagoon. The Creature one is what I'm looking forward to the most. As there isn't a really good one out and a version from Martin Ansin should be a home run considering his other Universal Monsters prints.

Still a lot of Batman possibilities:

1. Batman 89. Full movie print with main characters.

2. Batman 89. Balloon print with Batwing and glow in the dark ink. Something Mark Englert should do. He could do a good Batmobile through the forest with city in the background print too.

3. Dark Knight Trilogy.

4. Batman Animated prints. Catwoman episode was good.

5. Batman Superman World's Finest.

6. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

7. Dawn of Justice.
There is indeed lots of different images and themes to work with; that wasn't what I was getting at.

I was talking about just sheer supply and demand. In regards to UM, the old original Anson pieces sold for a mint and are beloved. After their shows most of the UM pieces are hard to get rid of and don't sell for much over retail. In fact the Ansin and Moss pieces from that series, post show are currently averaging less that $100 on the secondary. If I was to sell either I would lose money after what I already paid in shipping is factored in.

I like some of your ideas but this image for 89/Batwing will be hard to top. Matt Ferguson did this one in the last couple years.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #6092
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I remember being tempted by that one but not liking the detail on the Batwing. Also thinking that a horizontal version from Mark Englert with glow in the dark ink could be better. Frame the scene straight from the movie when Batman flies in with the lake and buildings. Maybe even have the normal with him flying in and the glow in the dark with him in the moon.

Those old Universal Monsters prints have such an incredibly low ES it's shocking. The old Mondo days when no one knew or cared much. I honestly don't think any of Martin Ansin's stuff will go for much anymore unless it's a low print run of one version only. Or something like the Ghost in the Shell variant where it's clear the variant is better. At least so far, no one has the normal yet.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #6093
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Nothing pushes me to get in my car and drive to the Batman opening. I hope they preview some better pieces. Theres nothing in those previews that I must have.

We know the Ansin reg will be there and I do want that one as I'm willing to bet the colors on it will be better than the variant. I need some more motivation. LOL
Yeah I agree. Batman is my absolute favorite, but only the Mr. Freeze illustration has piqued my interest...
Toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #6094
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I remember being tempted by that one but not liking the detail on the Batwing. Also thinking that a horizontal version from Mark Englert with glow in the dark ink could be better. Frame the scene straight from the movie when Batman flies in with the lake and buildings. Maybe even have the normal with him flying in and the glow in the dark with him in the moon.
I typically hate the "OMG it is soooooooo amazing in person posts" that litter EB and are untrue 90% of the time. I must say however that this Ferguson piece is by far one of the most striking, well printed and rich pieces in my collection. The depth of color, detail in the images and art style are amazing in the flesh.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #6095
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Looks like Mondo totally re-worked their site which is now run by "Shopify". My dream is that they drop a Stout "Pulp Fiction" before any of the "bot-brigade" gets a chance to circumvent the site.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #6096
FROBAY
Phoenix

My hopes are when you cart your poster it's yours however long it takes you to check out, with in reason of course. Anybody use Shopify before?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #6097
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Looks like Mondo totally re-worked their site which is now run by "Shopify". My dream is that they drop a Stout "Pulp Fiction" before any of the "bot-brigade" gets a chance to circumvent the site.
It's kind of annoying that our accounts, including order history and information about pre-orders that we've already made are gone. I don't like not having the ability to see that my open orders still exist.

Quote:
My hopes are when you cart your poster it's yours however long it takes you to check out, with in reason of course. Anybody use Shopify before?
According to the FAQ, that won't happen.

3. Q: Why was an item stolen from my cart during the transaction!?
A: We do not have a reserve cart system. The only way the item comes out of inventory and into your home is once you've paid for it. If an item sells out before your transaction is complete, the order won’t go through.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #6098
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSkier View Post
It's kind of annoying that our accounts, including order history and information about pre-orders that we've already made are gone. I don't like not having the ability to see that my open orders still exist.

According to the FAQ, that won't happen.

3. Q: Why was an item stolen from my cart during the transaction!?
A: We do not have a reserve cart system. The only way the item comes out of inventory and into your home is once you've paid for it. If an item sells out before your transaction is complete, the order won’t go through.
Shopify's FAQ's say the opposite; but having said that their services are highly customizable so Mondo will ultimately have control of how that works.

Reading up on Shopify I guess they are difficult to write scripts/bots for and the use of bots in their services is strictly prohibited. While I do think that regular joes like us will still fall victim to those employing bots and other unfair advantages, I don't think that it will be with the consistency of days gone by.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 AM   #6099
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Until they employ a reserve cart system (which I honestly don't see Mondo ever doing) their drops will continue to be a joke and more times than not a waste of someone's time. Thankfully they don't release a lot of prints I'm interested in nowadays.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #6100
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

i like watching all the Mondo stuff happen and of course, reading all the collectors talk about it. pure entertainment.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote