Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #201
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This!

Especially when it’s a character you really want. Obviously I’d buy a Green Goblin. But if it’s not in the look I want I’m not buying it just because it’s Green Goblin. I wanted that last Captain America until I saw the full reveal and he halfway looked like Iron Patriot. I’ll wait for a Classic Wing Headed Cap.
Yes! I'm in dire need of a fully sculpted classic Cap. It's been over a decade since sideshow released a classic Cap PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:14 PM   #202
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Disagree!
As do lots of fellas I’m sure. It’s a nice sculpt, I just don’t like crouching poses.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #203
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

You what else grinds my gears? When is Sideshow gonna wake up and pack their statues like PCS and XM??? Better styrofoam and the freaking Velcro straps. I just unboxed the PCS Megatron and it was a pleasure. If these smaller studios can do it then SS can definitely do it. It makes a difference. Premium collectibles should be packaged accordingly. I don’t think it’s being picky or petty either. The money SS charges this should be a given.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #204
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
You what else grinds my gears? When is Sideshow gonna wake up and pack their statues like PCS and XM??? Better styrofoam and the freaking Velcro straps. I just unboxed the PCS Megatron and it was a pleasure. If these smaller studios can do it then SS can definitely do it. It makes a difference. Premium collectibles should be packaged accordingly. I don’t think it’s being picky or petty either. The money SS charges this should be a given.
I totally agree! Unboxing XM statues is the best experience, feels like a high end collectable. Also with the packaging there is way less chance of any breakages from happening.
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #205
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I completely agree. I feel that Sideshow doesn't want to do it simply because they won't admit other companies do it better than them.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #206
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwesty View Post
I totally agree! Unboxing XM statues is the best experience, feels like a high end collectable. Also with the packaging there is way less chance of any breakages from happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I completely agree. I feel that Sideshow doesn't want to do it simply because they won't admit other companies do it better than them.
Thx for the support guys. I also remember unpacking the XM Beta Ray Bill. Awesome.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:25 PM   #207
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
I think the best packaging I've ever seen them do was the Court of the Dead Legendary Scale Death's General: Reaper.

That thing had velvet lining.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #208
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

What I'm "mad as hell about" is their marketing, I think most people on this forum liked Susan and the sincerity she had for her love of geeky stuff, her interviews with people were fun, but she didnt try to do 3rd grade level comedy as her 38 replacement host do, their social media is completely unwatchable now for me, which originally was something that helped get me interested in the hobby, with this along with lack of good merchandise, its possible I'll have no orders in the coming year, I'll be getting the Dragon Slayer, but probably wont be out until 2022, no more pre orders with these giant delays and giant shipping increases, hope 2021 changes my feelings, but who knows
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #209
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I'm in...minus XM's vacuum seal.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:08 PM   #210
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'm in...minus XM's vacuum seal.
That used to be such a pain. lol. They've been punching air holes to the top box to make it a bit easier.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote