Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #11
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Someone in the P1 Red Sonja thread said they had a $700 quote for standard shipping. Absolutely ridiculous.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:09 PM   #12
ukshaun
Hercules

I don't get why Covid should impact shipping. The price of fuel crashed not so long ago. If anything, shipping prices should have dropped, not gone up.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #13
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I don't get why Covid should impact shipping. The price of fuel crashed not so long ago. If anything, shipping prices should have dropped, not gone up.
I am not an expert but based on what I've read, Covid has done two things. First, people are just shipping more things (instead of going to stores) so that is putting a strain on shipping companies. The shipping companies are raising prices to fund extra costs due to this (like overtime) AND using the raised prices to weed out certain shipments. Second, there have been Covid outbreaks at various ports and shipping facilities which have hurt the labor numbers for these companies. They are having to pay more to hire more workers and/or pay overtime.

I am sure there are other reasons too.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #14
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Some of it I am sure is due to shipping companies. I myself have seen no difference from showz. They had a real short term while they raised prices several months ago and let people know if they could wait prices would go back down. A month later and they were back down. Sideshow surprised me with 3 charges of $184 each that hurt and forced me to switch to bbts, alter ego comics, entertainment earth, or secret compass for much better deals. That being said my Megatron shipped and was only $80. Not sure how you can go from $200+ for starscream and only 80 for Megatron since they are about the same (same scale and same company). So that was a pleasant surprise. I did learn through that to not do preorders with sideshow anymore but they can be competitive when they WANT to be. On the other side, if P1 is screwing sideshow like sideshow has done to some of their customers I would think that price should be expected to flow down to the buyer.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #15
stone eagle
Justice League

Another area of shipping concerns is shipments of the Covid vaccine and how it takes priority. I don't know how other countries are handling delivery and who is paying for it but in the U.S. one side of country is handled primarily by FedEx and other side by UPS not sure who is paying for all that work but I'm sure it affects delivery priorities and in turn expenses.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Global Pandemic? Gimmie my statues!!!
LOL
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #17
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I sure am glad that the only thing I have on order with them has free shipping.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Someone in the P1 Red Sonja thread said they had a $700 quote for standard shipping. Absolutely ridiculous.
That was from p1, and standard shipping from them is going by air so it is indeed crazy high. Standard is NOT economy (sea freight).
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #19
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
That was from p1, and standard shipping from them is going by air so it is indeed crazy high. Standard is NOT economy (sea freight).
Ahh OK, thanks.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:17 PM   #20
Shoo
Hercules

Also, I read somewhere that shipping companies had changed their policies regarding volumetric prices, which is obviously going to affect Prime 1 and their huge pieces (those ridiculous bases!) more than anyone.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote